Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:6077 Applications:361 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Cloudtail - Taxation Analyst - CA (0-3 yrs)
Position Description: Taxation Analyst
LOCATION Bangalore, India
Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran Management Services Private Limited and Amazon Asia Pacific Resources Private Limited.
Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
Summary of Responsibilities
Prione is seeking a Taxation Analyst to share the taxation responsibilities under GST rules. The job responsibilities would include the below:
- Working closely with business teams and designing tax compliant processes
- Ensuring adherence with all compliances under GST laws including computation of tax, payment of tax, filing of returns, filing of statements and certifications
- Analysis of transactional data for highlighting key tax risks and exceptions
- Developing and evaluating tax strategies and planning opportunities
- Advice business teams and support functions on matters concerning taxes
- Preparing the company for tax audits and assessments
The Analyst will be needed to work closely with our tax advisors on co-ordination with various taxation departments.
- 2+ years of taxation especially working knowledge about GST, Value added tax, service tax and customs.
- Preferably a Chartered Accountant
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department
- Knowledge and experience with accounting for these taxes under IN GAAP required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Good Understanding of the retail business
- Experience in representing to taxation authorities
- Fluency in Excel
- Solid communication skills - written and verbal
- Self-starter with the ability to drive initiates on his/her own.