Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:6827 Applications:193 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cloudtail - Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate Finance - CA (7-10 yrs)
Senior Financial Analyst
Team Size: 5
Department: Corporate Finance
Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
We are seeking a results-focused, quality-driven accounting leader who has demonstrated extensive experience in handling accounting, finance, operations and reporting processes. This leader will be responsible for the Procure to Pay Process of two legal entities - Prione and Cloudtail; and the associated operational and financial controls
Roles and Responsibilities
This position will have responsibility for supporting our procurement to payment controls and financial reporting process for Prione group. In addition, this position will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to influence the design of systems, processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities. Technical accounting research and position paper writing will also be a requirement of this position. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level. We are currently looking for candidates who has been handling the procure to pay profile for a large size organization. The ideal candidate must possess leadership skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to deal with ambiguity in the face of competing priorities. This role has regular interaction with various business and finance leaders so strong communication and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite. This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various groups including business finance, operations accounting and technology. The role also requires discussions with vendor to ensure period claims settlements in case of pending disputes.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: -
- Lead controls in the area of procure to pay and ensure accuracy in recording purchase receipts and recording transactions of purchases and related claims - claims from supply chain. Primarily focused on identifying risks and establishing process controls in mitigating them, work closely with business teams and Finance Operations team to review and simplify processes in order to have better controls.
- Execute the vendor management process. Work closely with the vendor finance teams and own claims management and vendor disputes;
- Identify key control gaps area and set up weekly / monthly review process to track the health of business control processes across Purchase to Pay and accounting of these.
- Work closely with both FinOps teams and vendor management teams in tracking performance metrics like Invoices Paid on Time (IPOT), Payment Accuracy Metrics (PAM - invoices paid in full, on time) and ensuring vendor disputes are resolved timely, in order to ensure we maintain vendor trust.
- Primary contact towards the Finance Operations (Finops) for payments and vendor master data maintenance
- Point of escalation for Finops issues; coordinates issue resolution within SLA and escalates items further
- Oversees disputes and acts as coordinator for its resolution within the organization on procurements made from the vendors and payments made to them
- Ensures the entity's adherence to the Procure to Pay Policy
- Responsibility for various banking and treasury functions. (e.g. raising BGs/LCs, handling import documentation and interaction with the bankers, vendor financing etc)
- Track Cash Flow movements in the company and forecasts future cash flow requirements for short and long term.
- Ensure that financial accounting for all transactions on related areas are done timely and ensure monthly books close is done timely and with accuracy.
- Liaising with the outsourced accounting team to review financial schedules and provide oversight as it relates to issues on various accounting balances and policies on a regular basis, track on inventory issues, etc
- Part of the team responsible for supporting Statutory Audits of the entities, Internal audits, ICFR, IFC, etc.
- Driving automation, with an objective of to minimizing manual interventions and making processes hands of the wheel.
- Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant
- 7-10 years of post-qualification experience in Procure to Pay/Business Controls / Corporate Accounting / Internal Audit / Financial Reporting
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Fluency in Excel.
- Solid communication skills - written and verbal
- Understanding of the retail business would be preferable.