Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:4278 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cloudtail - Senior Financial Analyst - Business Finance (7-10 yrs)
Position Description: Senior Financial Analyst
LOCATION Bangalore, India
Overview: Prione and Cloudtail
Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran Ventures and Amazon Asia, based out of Bangalore and was established in June 2014. Our vision is to enable SMB success in the digital economy through creation, upliftment and maintenance of SMB capabilities. We operate through our offices in all major locations in India and are currently ramping up for covering more locations. Prione offers employees a growth oriented environment and opportunities for developing into leadership positions within the organization. Some of our important culture practices include customer centricity, hiring and developing the best, insisting on the highest standards, calculated risk taking and delivering results.
Cloudtail India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prione Business Services Private Limited (Prione). Prione is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
Summary of Responsibilities
We are seeking a results-focused, quality-driven accounting leader who has demonstrated extensive experience in handling accounting, finance, operations and reporting processes. This leader will be responsible for business finance and controllership of Prione and lead overall business controls.
This position will have responsibility for finance support across business segments and financial reporting process for Prione group. In addition, this position will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to influence the design of systems, processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level. We are currently looking for candidates who are at the Finance Partner/General manager/Controller level or above for a position based out of Bangalore. The ideal candidate must possess leadership skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to deal with ambiguity in the face of competing priorities. This role has regular interaction with various business, finance leaders and Board of Directors so strong communication and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite. This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between accounting and various groups including business finance, operations accounting and technology.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: -
- Drive the P&L of the business by highlighting negotiation, pricing, etc opportunities and creating accountability in the system
- Business Partnering across all the business segments including account management, sales, monetization and new initiatives
- Lead the budgets for the business and track actuals to forecast
- Assist group controller in meeting board related requirements
- Lead controls across the all the business segments. Primarily focused on identifying risks and establishing process controls in mitigating them, work closely with business teams to review and simplify processes in order to have better controls.
- Partner business with on any new capex or increase in capacity for meeting productivity
- Ensure that financial accounting for all transactions on related areas are done timely and ensure monthly books close is done timely and with accuracy.
- Liaising with the outsourced accounting team to review financial schedules and provide oversight as it relates to issues on various accounting balances and policies on a regular basis
- Part of the team responsible for supporting Statutory Audits, Internal audits, ICFR, IFC, etc.
- Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant/ MBA Finance with 8-10 years of post-qualification experience in Business Controls / Business Finance / Corporate Accounting / Internal Audit / Financial Reporting
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Fluency in Excel.
- Solid communication skills - written and verbal
- Understanding of the retail business would be preferable.