Cloudtail - Product Compliance Specialist (6-10 yrs)
Product Compliance Specialist
Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells a variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has to buy relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
Cloudtail is seeking a Product Compliance Specialist, who can take up product compliance responsibilities for a gamut of Direct Import & Private Label products across various categories.
This position shall focus on researching, advising and detailing out action plan on Product Quality, Food Safety & Compliance requirements for Direct Import & Private Label products portfolio being either imported or sourced domestically by Cloudtail for sale in India through Third Party Manufacturers. The incumbent shall focus on Drugs & Cosmetics, BIS, BEE, Legal Metrology, Import requirements, FSSAI and Insecticide rules related compliances which include ensuring compliance with safety standards, certification audits, and license requirements. This position shall be also responsible for ensuring the correct quality and safety protocols are developed and followed.
The Product Compliance Specialist shall act as an effective leader and communicator working with our partners, vendors and consultants. Should have strong business judgment with a track record of ownership values, liasoning with regulatory authorities, manufacturing partners of private labels & Good relationship management skills.
The Product Compliance Specialist shall act as an enabler to the business and have ability to understand and work with cross functional teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be a part of the functional leadership team of Product Compliance Department and seamlessly interact with peers.
- Obtain necessary trade / regulatory licenses and ensure timely renewals and amendments as required.
- Developing Category specific Product compliance Manual / Playbook, SOPs, & labelling templates across all the applicable direct import & Private Label categories as per applicable regulatory requirements etc.
- Resolution of Product compliance queries of Direct Import vendors & customs queries related to product compliance in consultation with supply chain team while clearing the goods from ports.
- Seeking Legal advice in consultation with Legal team for product compliance requirements of various product categories of Direct imports & Private Labels.
- Seeking Product compliance advice & Technical requirements from External Agencies / consultants for applicable categories of Direct Imports & Private Labels.
- Ensuring Quarterly /Annual returns filing, meeting EPR Commitments of e-Waste & Plastic waste.
- Ensuring licensing compliance for all Vendors before on boarding them in consultation with Legal team.
- Resolution of Queries from Vendors / serve as SME for compliance to relevant regulations.
- Resolution of queries / Notices from authorities across all the applicable FCs in consultation with Legal team.
- Developing training modules including Product Specifications, Test Protocols, Product & Packaging Specifications, Visual Inspection Protocols as well as applicable compliance for business team & ensure all the changes are implemented as per the defined timeframe.
- Streamlining Product Quality with support from External agency & Supplier QA / Ops team.
- Completing the Due diligence, Vendor Registration, Agreements of external agencies / consultants / Testing & inspection laboratories for on boarding the same
Bachelor's degree or Masters Degree in Food Technology/ Pharmaceuticals/ Agriculture Science/ Bioprocess Technology/Textile Technology.
- Experience - 6 to 10 years of relevant experience in Retail, Food, Pharmaceuticals, Agrochemicals industries.
- Well versed with Safety, Quality certifications & Regulatory Affairs framework, Licensing, Import Clearance requirements for a retail entity dealing with Softlines, Hardlines, Cosmetics, Home & Kitchen, Pet Foods and Consumer Electronic Products.
For More details, please visit our Website: