Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:4796 Applications:164 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Cloudtail - Manager - Internal Control (8-13 yrs)
Internal Control Manager
Reporting Manager: Head of Accounting & Reporting Location: Bangalore
Role Type: Individual Contributor Department: Finance
Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
We are seeking a results-focused, quality-driven accounting leader with extensive experience in handling accounting, finance, operations and reporting processes. This leader will be responsible for corporate accounting and controllership of two legal entities - Prione and Cloudtail; lead overall business control.
This position will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to influence the design of systems, processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities. Technical accounting research and position paper writing will also be a requirement of this position.
Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 10+ years of professional experience with internal control related responsibilities. This position will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our Internal control process and will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area. Technical accounting research and ability to write position papers on different subject matters will also be an added advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities
- SOPs and RCMs
1. Review of existing SOPs and RCMs and ensure continuous improvement
2. Laying down SOPs for both the entities and ensure proper RCMs in placeWork closely with Cross Functions team to understand processes
3. Assist in designing and evaluating internal controls that are integrated with the business processes;
4. Participate in the deployment of the Controls program according to the Global practices;
5. Plan and document detailed control testing using a risk-based approach.
Internal Controls Design and Validation:
1. Timely review of the DOA/SOA (Delegation/Schedule of Authority) to be in line with Business Complexity.
2. Implement and guide the business team on adherence of policy compliance and authority matrix;
3. Drive policy implementation initiatives;
4. Drive changes in the Authority Matrix and guide across the business user;
5. Ensure changes in the IT systems are aligned to the authority matrix, to mitigate SOD Conflicts
- Policy and Authority Matrix
- Control Self-Assessment (CSA)
1. Prepare and/or Review the CSA submissions and provide dashboards on controls;
2. Address Global queries pertaining to Controls Maturity at India - in line with Benchmark Practices
Drive Finance Excellence Program (FEP) :
1. Conduct meetings with the Finance Team to implement FEP questions and to evaluate maturity of the processes;
2. Score and monitor the questions basis evidences and guide the question owner to implement the process;
3. Liaise with the Global team for best practices
4. Drive Automation to strengthen the RCM by mitigating manual controls.
1. Responsible for various special projects/initiatives to review and improve internal controls compliance and efficiency to ensure that financial, operational and compliance controls are adequate and operating effectively;
2. Driving ICFR Audit and Reviews along with Statutory Auditors
3. Working closely with Internal Auditor on internal audit planning and ensuring proper testing of controls and reviews of SOPs
- Chartered Accountant (with Big 4 experience, optional)
- CIA / CISA (Optional)
Primary Purpose of the Role
- SOPs and RCMs
- Perform Risk Assessment & Control Implementation
- Perform and support Control testing
- Drive Policy and Authority Matrix Compliance
- Implement & support Control Self-Assessment (CSA)
- Drive Finance Excellence Program
- Drive special project initiatives in the areas of Internal Control or Process Optimization
- Good understanding of business processes and industry standards
- Relevant Statutory Audit and/or Internal Audit experience, necessarily in a Big 4 Audit Firm or top tier industry experience
- Experience in financial reporting will be preferable
- Experience in SOX will be an added advantage.
Why Work with us?
We are inspired by the idea of changing how people think about shopping. And we- re looking for new team members who share our passion. The Cloudtail team is encouraged to think big and innovate the shopping experiences of the future. Every day in Cloudtail offers an opportunity to challenge yourself and build something that improves the lives of shoppers.
For More details please visit our Website: