Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:3081 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Cloudtail - Head - Accounting & Reporting (10-15 yrs)
Position Description: Head Accounting & Reporting
Overview: Prione and Cloudtail
- Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran Ventures and Amazon Asia, based out of Bangalore and was established in June 2014. Our vision is to enable SMB success in the digital economy through creation, upliftment and maintenance of SMB capabilities. We operate through our offices in all major locations in India and are currently ramping up for covering more locations. Prione offers employees a growth oriented environment and opportunities for developing into leadership positions within the organization. Some of our important culture practices include customer centricity, hiring and developing the best, insisting on the highest standards, calculated risk taking and delivering results.
- Cloudtail India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prione Business Services Private Limited (Prione). Prione is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
- Cloudtail strives to be India's most customer-centric retail company, which helps people find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online, and gives customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience. Cloudtail continues to grow and evolve as a model seller on e-commerce platform - www.amazon.inand is driven by a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship that is core to the company's DNA.
Summary of Responsibilities
- We are seeking a results-focused, quality-driven accounting leader who has demonstrated extensive experience in handling accounting, finance, operations and reporting processes. This leader will be responsible for corporate accounting and controllership of two legal entities - Prione and Cloudtail; lead overall business controls
- This position will have responsibility for1 supporting our financial reporting process for Prione group. In addition, this position will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to influence the design of systems, processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities. Technical accounting research and position paper writing will also be a requirement of this position.
- Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level. We are currently looking for candidates who are at the General manager/Controller level or above for a position based out of Bangalore. The ideal candidate must possess leadership skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to deal with ambiguity in the face of competing priorities. This role has regular interaction with various business, finance leaders and Board of Director so strong communication and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite. This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various groups including business finance, operations accounting and technology.
Basic Criteria :
- Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 10 + years of professional experience with financial accounting, reporting and internal control related responsibilities.
- This position will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our financial reporting process and will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area. Technical accounting research and ability to write position papers on different subject matters will also be an added advantage.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: -
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close processes for our operations and retail accounting teams:
- Lead Statutory and internal audit on behalf of the Board and present findings as well as mitigating actions in annual risk reviews with the Board;
- Define and Operate SOPs and controls in the area of stock delivery; vendor returns, liquidations and ensure accuracy in recording of these transactions;
- Accounting and analysis for assigned areas including transfer pricing, treasury, and tax compliance
- Manage and participate in accounting activities across several legal entities including intercompany elimination and consolidation
- Driving efficiencies in business and accounting processes
- Partnering with others in global accounting organization to maintain best practices
- Developing relationships with business partners to understand operations and inform accounting implications
- Coordinating with auditors for timely closure of statutory audit and Tax audit and communicate frequently with External Auditors and Regulators ensuring that Prione is compliant with all applicable laws, pronouncements and regulations
- Grow, develop, and mentor team members: Coach regularly, promote responsibility-taking, communicate expectations with clarity, ensure differences are resolved and share information