HR at Clinton Health Access
Views:3165 Applications:176 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Clinton Health Access - Program Manager - Health Financing (7-10 yrs)
- The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
- CHAI's Health Financing program supports governments implementing reforms towards the goal of universal health coverage; ensuring that patients can access the care they need without suffering financial hardship. CHAI staff work closely with Ministries of Health and Finance, as well as government insurance agencies, often with permanent desks in government offices, to build capacity for and support evidence-based decision making.
- This includes work on the design, implementation and management of financing reforms to mobilize sustainable resources and ensure those resources go as far as possible to improve health outcomes and address health disparities. A cornerstone of this work is to support governments to set priorities and to improve efficiency in health spending. This includes using evidence to define the benefits package and a process for revision over time, and supporting governments to finance services, and to reliably deliver this package of services through public and private sector.
- International Decision Support Initiative (iDSI) (www.idsihealth.org) is a global network of priority setting institutions, universities, think tanks and individuals that aim to support low and middle income countries with the difficult decisions related to priority setting as they move towards Universal Health Coverage. CHAI is among this group of core partners that also includes the Center for Global Development (CGD), the Global Health and Development Group at Imperial College London, the Asia HTA consortium which includes the National Health Foundation of Thailand, the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore and Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program (HITAP), the China National Health Development Research Center, KEMRI (Kenya Medical Research Institute), Wellcome Trust Programme, and the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
- The Government of India is rolling out one of the largest health insurance schemes in the world through AB-PMJAY. At the request of government leadership, CHAI and iDSI are beginning a collaboration to support design, implementation and improvement of the scheme with a focus on building capacity for using data for strategic purchasing.
- The Program Manager will develop and execute the strategy for CHAI's rapidly growing health financing work in India at Central and State levels, supporting one of the largest insurance schemes in the world. They will manage a small and growing team engage with government at the central and state level to use data for design, roll-out and improvement of reform, as well as learning between center and states. A focus of this work will be engaging with the iDSI network, working on joint objectives of institutionalizing and capacity building for evidence-informed priority setting and strategic purchasing in India.
- CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, strategic thinking, project and people management, communication skills and technical skills to develop and manage its health financing strategy and program. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- With government partners, develop CHAI and iDSI's strategy (together with Imperial and CGD) in health financing reforms in India, hire and manage a team to build capacity of government counterparts, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities to add value and maximize impact. Develop new partnerships and proposals to secure funding for new areas.
- Lead engagement across government agencies and state and central levels in the design, implementation and improvement of the AB-PMJAY reform. Develop and execute plans, manage a growing team working at central and state levels, partner with stakeholders and ensure quality of work. Focus on identifying and addressing hurdles to success with evidence based innovative approaches. Identify and address capacity building needs, ensuring skills transfer and government ownership in all projects.
- Oversee an embedded team responsible for providing support to the National Health Authority and State Health Authorities to generate routine management dashboards and advanced data analytics of enrolment, transaction and provider empanelment data. Support use of evidence to identify gaps in implementation, improving service coverage and adjusting pricing, payment and packages. Build capacity within government for evidence-based management.
- Develop and execute a program of support in multiple states in the roll-out, implementation and improvement of insurance, as well as in key policy reforms. Work with government to leverage evidence and operational research to inform key decisions. This may include assessing the potential for new roles at state level to use strategic information to inform decisions, advise senior managers on strategic and policy decisions and support troubleshooting on core insurance functions.
- Provide coordination support between the center and state governments, setting up systems for feedback and knowledge sharing between states, between states and central and across units of government, as well as with other academic and research units. Work with iDSI partners to set up exchange workshops and meetings for practitioner to practitioner exchange.
- Support the use of evidence to strengthen strategic purchasing, including revision of packages and tariffs, as well as provider contracting and payment.
- Sensitize and create demand for the application of health technology assessment (HTA) and facilitate input from key experts and practitioners from iDSI and local institutions to support HTA.
- Coordinate support from iDSI partner institutions including Imperial College London, CGD, and local partners, identifying demand for support, working with government partners to articulate this need and providing continuity so that best practices and skills are shared and institutionalized within government.
- Participate in technical working groups and/or other high level meetings and conferences, representing the iDSI network and CHAI.
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort.
- Liaise regularly with IDSI partners Imperial College and CGD about progress with the agreed iDSI work.
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
- Experience working within India in the health sector and ideally health insurance (public and/or private). Experience on public-private partnerships is an advantage.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree/PG or equivalent; Advanced degree in a relevant area such as public health, health economics, management is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in economic evaluation and health technology assessment is an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience in advanced analytics is an advantage.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders/interests (public sector engagement would be highly relevant) and developing strong relationships in order to drive a process successfully.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Willingness to travel to states if at short notice, even to remote places and for extended periods.
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Fluency in English and ideally Hindi
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.