Access & Supply Chain Team at Clinton Health Access Initiative
Views:809 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Clinton Health Access Initiative - Technical Product Manager (5-15 yrs)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
William J. Clinton Foundation (- WJCF- ) India has been providing analytical support to NACO (National AIDS Control Organization), since 2004, in a number of areas ranging from improvement in the HIV testing and treatment efficiency, capacity and capability across the country. In the recent past, WJCF has also worked with NACO to understand the type and quality of data captured by different systems across the key divisions of NACO. WJCF plans to utilize its experiential learning in order to support NACO in the further refinement of its existing ICT-based M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) systems.
WJCF is hiring candidates for Project SOCH (Strengthening Overall Care for HIV patients), which aims at developing a patient centric IT enabled integrated M&E system with embedded supply chain functions.
WJCF is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills to support the Project SOCH. The Senior Associate will be supporting the project and will work on designing the technical strategy & ensuring roll-out of an integrated ICT-based M&E platform for NACO. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. WJCF places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Lead and provide support to the project SOCH team in the design, development, and deployment of technology solutions pertaining to Project SOCH:
- Design and conduct assessments of infrastructure, processes, and challenges for various health systems and service delivery areas for NACO
- Assess existing IT systems being used at NACO and evaluate the feasibility and methodology for integration of these systems
- Support the team in development of process maps, business requirement document and RFP document for SOCH
- Develop system requirements, including protocols and data dashboards with MoH as highlighted under Project SOCH
- Manage software development and testing of systems, including day-to-day coordination with software developers to ensure systems are built according to specifications
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of systems, including trainings
Plan national roll out of the system with the project team and support transition of the system to NACO
- Provide technical expertise on interoperability, telecommunications, data security, as well as sector-specific expertise on logistics and inventory management, business intelligence, medical records systems, data collection, appointment reminder systems, etc.
- Update NACO and WJCF SOCH team on existing and emerging technologies in supply chain including cold chain, health information systems, electronic patient medical records and other relevant systems
- Liaise with external partners and technology companies to understand emerging standards in m/eHealth including interoperability, data security, business intelligence, hardware, and telecommunications
- Coordinate sharing of information, best practices, and lessons learned in the design, development, and deployment of technology solutions across countries and programs.
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelors in Management Information Systems or equivalent degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience. Candidates without the relevant degree but with extensive relevant experience will also be considered
- Experience in designing and implementing technology solutions with users highly preferred
- At least two years working experience in business analysis and/or technical project management, or in a similar role working closely with stakeholders to define and deliver business requirements for technology initiatives
- Experience in data management (including managing databases) and data analysis
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly in systems and/or information systems analysis
- Exceptional writing and communication skills; Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to be effective, calm, and flexible in high-pressure situations, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to effectively prioritize
- Experience working in an international context and/or entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong work ethic, integrity, credibility, and dedication to CHAI's mission
- Knowledge of and experience in public health systems a plus
- Self-starter with ability to work in an unstructured environment and limited supervision
- Willing to travel upwards of 50% of the year and with limited notice
- Knowledge of common health information management systems such as DHIS2 and Open LMIS preferred
- Familiarity with emerging technologies for data collection and reporting (including experience using open source data collection tools like ODK); comfort with developing basic data collection forms and reports preferred
- Experience working and communicating with government officials and multilateral organizations
- Experience living and working in developing countries