HR Officer at Clinton Health Access Initiative
Views:243 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Clinton Health Access Initiative - Senior Associate - HIV & Syphilis (5-10 yrs)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States' levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI supports government partners across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, tuberculosis, COVID-19, common cancers, sexual and reproductive health, immunization and essential medicines.
Talent is the fundamental driver of WJCF's success in helping save lives and reduce the burden of disease. WJCF's organizational values reflect its relentless endeavour of hiring, nurturing, empowering, and celebrating diverse and high calibre individuals who come together to work as cohesive teams. WJCF places a high premium on providing its staff with an enabling environment that encourages entrepreneurship, humility, respect, equal share of voice and fosters high impact innovation to address some of the most challenging healthcare issues.
WJCF India HIV and Syphilis team is a key source of support for National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) and National Health Mission (NHM), Ministry of Health and works to address barriers to access and foster a healthy competitive marketplace for essential diagnostic testing. The team works closely with diagnostics manufacturers, governments, and multilateral organizations to lower prices, increase access to testing and treatment, and accelerate the entry and uptake of new drugs and diagnostics for HIV and syphilis. The team works closely with both central and state government actors to enable policy design, roll-out and implementation for smooth uptake of new initiatives and life-saving commodities.
WJCF is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials and demonstrated problem-solving abilities for the role of Senior Associate, HIV & Syphilis. They will manage key verticals within both program portfolios and collaborate closely with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders in driving impactful programs that expand access for the patient. They must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. This will include expanding access to newer diagnostics/drugs through excellence in service delivery, improvement in programmatic management, and development of guidelines and operational plans. Demonstrated ability for strategic big picture thinking, and problem solving in complex environments would be essential.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, provide strategic leadership, administrative and managerial oversight and monitoring of key verticals of the HIV and Syphilis programs portfolio
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort
- Support external stakeholder management and engagement with donors, GoI officials and partners
Manage effective project implementation, technical research as well as contextualized approaches to achieve project outcomes
- Support Program Manager in identifying and defining WJCF's overall strategy for various project areas, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities for WJCF to add value and maximize impact
- Develop strategic and policy briefs to guide programs in newer areas and deepen engagement at the national and state level in areas of HIV prevention, advanced HIV disease, HIV self-testing, Triple Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV, Syphilis and Hepatitis, STI management, and integration with other programs of relevance such as HIV, Hepatitis, etc.
- Oversee execution of workplans, progress reports, management of budgets and finances in accordance with financial covenants and procedures
- Create and disseminate material, to internal and external stakeholders, to effectively communicate CHAI's achievements in the HIV and Syphilis verticals
- Support recruitment of talent in consonance with project needs and provide guidance/ mentoring to project staff
- Liaise with CHAI's global teams regarding information about new diagnostics and drugs and assist with in-country technical or operational evaluations or new product roll-out strategies to improve uptake of new products as they become available
- Other responsibilities as guided by Program Manager
- Master's degree or higher qualification in a related field such as public health, public policy, management or development
- At least 5 years' of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private; experience with advanced analytics projects would be a plus
- Knowledge of healthcare system in private and/or public; experience in HIV management at the state and national level would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability in drive change in large program settings, and experience in concept note/proposal development
- Relevant experience in project design, management and implementation including Monitoring and Evaluation
Strong written and oral communication skills including development of analyses/presentations for varied project audience/stakeholders
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills
Proven track record of working in challenging multi-stakeholder environments & ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and drive immediate results
- Experience structuring and leading evidence based decision making processes
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice, even to remote places
- Fluency in English and Hindi