HR at Clinton Health Access
Views:1702 Applications:113 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Clinton Health Access - Associate - HCV/India Viral Hepatitis Programme (4-6 yrs)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low and middle income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI has been working in India since 2004 in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States- levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunisation. Additionally, CHAI is also supporting the government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) on large scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anaemia, diarrhoea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality Family Planning services.
Hepatitis Program -
The HCV team works towards addressing barriers to access and foster a healthy competitive marketplace for essential diagnostic testing and treatment for HCV. The team works closely with Ministry of Health, diagnostics manufacturers, and other multilateral organizations to increase access to testing and treatment, accelerate entry and uptake of new innovative products for HCV testing and treatment, and lower prices.The HCV team has been providing strategic and operational support to the government of Punjab's public health program for Hepatitis C since 2016. It has supported the program in developing costed strategic and operational plans, monitoring and evaluation tools to monitor and measure program performance, and designed active screening strategies through identification of high risk geographies and populations. The HCV team has also been working at the national level with MoHFW in developing the monitoring and evaluation tools and with National AIDS control organization (NACO) to develop their strategic and operational plans for management of Hepatitis C among the HIV patient population.
The India Viral Hepatitis programme is looking for an Associate who can shoulder the dual responsibilities of working closely with senior leadership on project strategy and contributing to the program's deliverables. CHAI seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical skills, problem solving ability and communication skills. The Associate must be able to function independently, be comfortable working and coordinating the operations of cross functional teams, be flexible, and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
1) Closely collaborate with leadership to develop clear operational plans for execution
2) Build and maintain trust based relationships with key government partners
3) Engage with relevant stakeholders to explore opportunities for market shaping of hepatitis diagnostics and treatment
4) Work closely with the existing and upcoming public HCV programs to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, active case finding, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation
5) Lead the development of information systems for streamlining data flow and enabling linkages across the patient cascade
6) Support Program Manager in donor and grant management and managing the operations and finances of the program to meet deliverables within the appropriate timeframes
7) Travel to states on short notice
8) Other responsibilities as needed
- 4-6 years of experience in a demanding, results driven, environment such as management consulting
- Exceptional strategic development skills, ability to identify and pursue high impact strategies in complex, uncertain and evolving environments
- Ability to lead small project teams on diverse set of projects
- Exceptional analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and skills with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in written form) and to tailor communication to a variety of audiences
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, including technical information, and to prepare compelling presentations and reports
- Ability to be effective in high pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Strong desire to work in a fast paced, limited structure, high pressure, multicultural environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- MBA/MPA/MPP or a Master's Degree in Economics or related fields
- Fluency in English & Hindi
- Preference for strong experience in management and/or healthcare consulting (or development sector consulting) with consulting firms
- Significant government stakeholder management experience would be a strong positive
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.