Founder & CEO at Climate Connect Limited
Views:4204 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Climate Connect - Energy Data Scientist (0-5 yrs)
Climate Connect Limited is Information and Analytics start-up for Energy Environment Markets. Started in 2010 by Cambridge University alumni, it runs a network of data analytics websites US, India and China energy environment markets. The company's core strength is a unique combination of sector knowledge, analytical skills and IT tools. Team members are based in Delhi (India), Pune (India), London (UK) and Shanghai (China).
Climate Connect is looking for an Energy Data Scientist to develop power and carbon price, supply demand forecasting models. Ideal candidate will have experience in developing mathematical algorithms and a broad knowledge of statistics, machine learning, optimization, and financial math. Strong programming skills round out the ideal candidate's profile. The Data Scientist will be an integral part of our Climate Connect team, therefore responsible for:
- Developing and testing electricity and carbon allowance price forecasting algorithms using large datasets such as load, weather, historical, grid, forward markets etc.
- Developing and testing algorithms using our price forecasts, and customers' energy portfolio.
- Leading software engineering team in deploying the developed models tailored to specific customer needs.
- Participating in the software development process, testing, and debugging required to support the deployed models.
- Close collaboration with company management as well as direct customer contact to establish commercial strategy.
- Experience working with large databases to access, manipulate and process data. Knowledge of MongoDB or other nosql database implementations.
- Comfortable with a wide set of machine learning approaches and designing the features and data processing to actually make them work.
- Programming background in PHP, though technology is not a barrier.
- Advanced knowledge of tools like MATLAB and/or R.
- Demonstrate ability to transform theoretical knowledge to practical, real-world situations.
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce clear and concise feedback/reports to senior management.
- Proven ability to work on multiple complex and competing business objectives in a highly fluid and dynamic environment.
- Excellent English communication skills; the ability to convey your message to team members and other stakeholders
- Must be willing to work in a start-up environment.
Qualification: MS degree or PhD (preferred) in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline. Candidates that have extensive experience during internships and relevant courses during Bachelor's will also be considered apply.
Nationality: All nationalities welcome to apply
Location: New Delhi or Pune, India
Remuneration: As per market standards in India
Application: Please send your CV (no longer than two pages) and cover letter
Interviews will be held on Skype. We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.