HR Executive at Regent Climate Connect Knowledge Solutions Pvt Ltd
Views:519 Applications:64 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Climate Connect - Business Analyst - Carbon (2-4 yrs)
Our team is inspired to change the world by making energy greener and more affordable. Established in 2011 in London, UK, and now headquartered in Gurgaon, India. We have become a leading energy-AI software player from unassuming beginnings, at the vanguard of accelerating the global energy transition.
In 2020, ReNew Power, India's largest renewables developer, acquired Climate Connect Digital. Following ReNew's NASDAQ listing in the summer of 2021, Climate Connect Digital has been newly formed as a fully independent subsidiary. With backing from ReNew for an ambitious and visionary new strategy for rapid organic and inorganic growth.
Our mission has technology at its core and involves unlocking value by leveraging information technology and AI/ML across the energy ecosystem. However, the world is still nascent in using such technologies in the energy sector to create massive value for all stakeholders.
How do you fit in
We are looking for driven, curious, and energetic individuals who can help us do market and business research for our organic and inorganic growth strategy. You will work in the Product Strategy and Research function and help the team in quantifying and strategising in capturing the market opportunity for the various products-related to decarbonisation and carbon markets- across different countries and geographies. You will also work closely with the M&A team in building investment notes for the target companies spread across other countries. You will also provide inputs and research to the trading team in building their trading strategies.
- Become a pivotal contributor to Climate Connect's global carbon & environmental market analysis
- Generate unique and analytical thematic research on carbon and environmental markets
- Monitor and analyse initiatives from non-profit organisations such as SBTi & WBCSD, regulations from entities such as TCFD, SEC, etc. and other rules which have a direct bearing on the sector
- Undertake research, expert interviews, and data analyses, both independently and in partnership with colleagues
- Communicate views with the product, sales, trading and inorganic growth teams
- Assess market trends, competitors, threats, and opportunities to develop insights into the carbon & environmental market, which can be commercialised.
- Collaborate on creating key research deliverables, including but not limited to investment notes, strategy notes & presentations, case studies, infographics, articles etc.
- Track competitors' products, initiatives & growth across carbon measurement, decarbonisation, ETRM and carbon offset space
- Be informed of regulatory, industry and technological developments in the sustainability space.
- Maintain a fundamental understanding of energy markets, REC, ETS, and offset market dynamics and how they will impact compliance and regulations.
- Manage ad-hoc requests, and contribute to research & innovation ideas
- Experienced professionals with Bachelor's degrees in Economics or STEM, MBA or master's in economics can apply. Ideal candidates will have 2-4 years of relevant strategy consulting or research experience.
- Relevant work experience in electricity or renewable energy market research working either within an investment bank, consultant, energy company, regulatory agency or commodities trade house, or think tank providing market views, forecasts and recommendations or investment strategies
- Exceptional curiosity, energy, drive, and desire to figure out the latest trends in the world
- Ability to assimilate information quickly to produce explainable and actionable insights
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills, commercial sense and a knack for thinking from a business standpoint, delivering high accuracy output
- Consistently produce work to a high-quality standard, thoughtfulness, and insight within prompt deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong work ethic, a "team player," organised, and great attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn nuances of new sectors (carbon and energy utilities) quickly with support from an expert team
- Taking ownership of the deliverables and comfortable with working independently on projects
- Skilled in organising the knowledge and body of work of the team using various productivity and data management tools
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Excel and Google Workspace products
What's in it for you
We offer competitive salaries based on prevailing market rates. In addition to your introductory package, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and leave policy
- Learning and development opportunities
- Medical insurance/Term insurance, Gratuity benefits over and above the salaries
- Access to industry and domain thought leaders
At Climate Connect Digital, you can join an established company at the early stages of a significant and well-backed global growth push.
We are building a remote-first organisation ingrained in the team ethos. We understand its importance for the success of any next-generation technology company. The team includes passionate and self-driven people with unconventional backgrounds, and we're seeking a similar spirit with the right potential.