Senior Associate HR at Clicktech Retail Pvt Ltd.
Views:1228 Applications:218 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:110
Clicktech Retail - Manager - Vendor Management - Private Labels/Brands (3-5 yrs)
The vendor manager will be responsible for owning the sourcing, pricing and profitability strategy for the portfolio he/she is assigned to. In this role, the individual will have the opportunity to do- whitespaces identification, defining product-pricing-market fit, vendors identification, pricing and profitability management and identifying means to enhance customer experience. The individual will be working with a high-performance vendor management team. Vendor manager is expected to demonstrate analytical capability, excellent business judgement, strong vendor management skills, strong negotiation skills, high customer centricity and ability to navigate and progress in an ambiguous business environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1) Key business inputs:
a) Selection addition - continuously add relevant selection to the assigned subcategory/category from existing vendors or by scouting for and onboarding new vendors.
b) Financials - Ensuring right commercials to ensure competitive pricing and Terms of Trade negotiations for setting clear business expectations.
c) Pricing and promotion management - Adopt and execute pricing and promotion strategy as per business, seasonal and events specific requirements.
d) Portfolio profitability management - to deliver healthy bottom line by active negotiations with vendors for launches, coupons, promotions/merchandising, events participation and liquidation.
2) Strategic vendor relationship management:
a. Improving terms and cost structures with existing vendors.
b. Identifying and onboarding new vendors to consistently maintain a healthy vendor base.
c. Build long term strategic vendor relationships.
d. Drive negotiations strategically to deliver top line and bottom-line growth.
e. Regular engagement with vendors including in-person meetings on a periodic basis
f. Weekly and monthly review to inspect movements/trends on customer input metrics (selection, demand coverage etc)
g. Annual and seasonal negotiations with vendors.
h. Highlight and resolve vendor issues in a timely manner by actively working with internal/external stakeholders.
3) Customer centricity: Maintain a high bar on quality and be the voice of customer to vendors.
4) Develop industry expertise: Vendor manager is expected to demonstrate customer and category knowledge, be an advocate for quality customer experience and understand the competitive landscape of the industry.
Educational qualification - MBA/Equivalent
1. 3+ years of experience doing one of - Sourcing, Private labels sourcing/planning/merchandising/category management, Quantitative analysis, Retail buying, Retail planning & allocation, Product/project management in eCommerce or any retail business.
2. Proficiency in Excel, proven analytical skills and orientation towards data based decision making
3. Proven negotiation skills
4. Proven experience leading teams and cross-functional projects
5. Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
6. Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
7. Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
8. A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done.
9. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization.