Talent Acquisition at Cleartrip
Views:575 Applications:224 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Cleartrip.com - Senior Manager/Manager - Content (5-7 yrs)
Senior Manager - Content
Job Title : Manager/ Sr. Manager - Content
Location : Bangalore
Position Summary :
- Core responsibility is to manage content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behavior.
- This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement.
- The position collaborates with the departments across businesses ( Air, Hotels, Local, Leisure ), IT, Product, and Marketing to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Ultimately, the job is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
This includes :
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with product and technology teams to build and implement appropriate CMS.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/PNs outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
- Creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
Success criteria include :
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.).
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.
- The primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
Experience and Education Required :
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
Skills Required :
A combination of marketing and publishing mindset, Specific skills required include :
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a nose for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash, etc.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.