cKinetics - Senior Associate - New Energy Infra Practice (4-6 yrs)
Position title: Senior Associate
Practice: New Energy Infra
Reporting to: Senior/Engagement Manager or Associate Director
Team Reporting: Associates/ Analysts/Interns
External Interactions: Company Clients, Corporate or Industry Officials, SMEs, Consultants, or Government officials
Work Type & Schedule: Full time; Permanent role; Monday -Friday
Work Location: Okhla, New Delhi; Field travel for client projects
- cKinetics is looking for an experienced and skilled Senior Associates who are passionate about Sustainable Energy and Energy transition space and looking to be part of the projects that create meaningful cutting-edge work.
- The candidate would be part of the New Energy Infra practice at cKinetics. The New Energy Infra practice provides strategic research and operational advisory in the areas of Distributed Renewables, Electric Mobility, Smart Grids, Energy Efficiency etc.
- Typical engagements pertain to techno-commercial analysis, landscape mapping and market sizing of evolving technologies and sectors, as also formulating recommendations on fitment, 'go-to-market' and policy enhancements needed to support the clean energy transition in the concerned sectors.
Purpose of the position:
- A Senior Associate is tasked with managing project deliverables end to end, overseeing a team of 2-3 associates / analysts or contribute as a SME, per the engagement needs. A Senior Associate must focus on the planning aspects as also the research elements.
- She /he must ensure that the deliverables are addressing the core objectives laid out by the clients in a timely and comprehensive fashion with requisite quality, specifically creative presentations/narratives backed by requisite market analysis, techno-commercial assessments, and data insights.
- Plan and execute the research and advisory projects in the areas of Distributed Renewables, Electric Mobility, Smart Grids, Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Energy and Energy Transition or other assigned project(s),
- Collaborating with the project/ internal teams - Associates/ Analysts in devising a cohesive solution for client's projects/ problem/ Program/ product
- Identify the areas for Primary and secondary research for the allocated tasks and reliable data sources to address the information sought
- Plan and undertake Onsite/ On-ground field or site visits as required for the different engagements
- Developing impactful and world-class written and oral presentations - Prepare reports with various data insights, trends, and patterns after requisite analysis derived from the structured/unstructured data collated through the research phase
- Ensure client project (s) /engagements are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner that leads to requisite client delight
Team and Time Management :
- Regular monitoring of the project progress on quality parameters & timelines as also providing oversight and inputs to different team members on assigned tasks
- Must use and ensure the team uses the Internal /company Project Management/ Time Management tools in day to day working to record time utilization towards respective project/s
- Managing and guiding the Associates, and Analysts to align them with the company and client expectations
Business Development Support
- Support practice leadership in crafting necessary collateral such as White Papers and Intelligence Briefs and in preparing business proposals.
The ideal candidate must have the desire to work hands-on in market research and /or business advisory as related to emerging areas in the Sustainable Energy realm including new energy and battery technologies, distributed renewables, electric mobility, hydrogen etc.
He/she must have the following mindset and skills:
- Flexible and creative mindset; curious and creative individual able to understand quickly the complexities of the client organization's products and markets
- Ability to work 'hands-on' and multi-task in an energetic environment
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent presentation skills - Ability to present and discuss their research and findings to a high-level audience and industry experts
- Data Analytics skills - Assessment and Visualization Skills to extract and present relevant data information in a coherent manner; developed spread-sheet based models as part of your work; or worked on R
- Well acquainted with Techno-commercial assessments, and project finance essentials
Academic qualifications & Experience:
- MBA with an under-grad in Engineering /Economics preferred; Masters in disciplines such as Engineering, Environmental Management, Economics or a related domain with appropriate intersect with Sustainability maybe considered
- Must have relevant 4-6 years of experience in Research, Business Advisory or related to Renewable Energy, Carbon Markets, Energy Efficiency, Electric Mobility, and Cleantech
- Experience in power policy and regulatory frameworks, power trading markets (Open Access, RECs etc.) as also advising corporates on their power sourcing strategy a plus
Resumes must include a cover letter mentioning how do you see yourself suitable for the applied role. Subject of the email must clearly indicate the Position Title & Practice.