cKinetics - Manager/Lead Economist - Carbon Markets Analytics & Forecasts (7-10 yrs)
Manager (Lead Economist) - Carbon Markets Analytics and Forecasts
1. Do you have a demonstrated passion as relates to Sustainability issues and carbon markets?
2. Do you have a knack of connecting dots from seemingly unconnected data-sets?
3. Are you intrigued by new technologies driving the energy transition?
If you answered "yes" to all three, please read on!
- cKinetics is looking for a Lead Economist to advance the data analytics and forecasting tools developed by cKinetics for the carbon markets.
- The candidate would be part of the cCarbon team, a division of cKinetics, which provides business intelligence and analytics in carbon markets.
- The person would help clients build a better understanding of carbon markets by developing visualization-driven insights, and by enhancing / developing models on several carbon offset markets. These would include Cap and Trade markets, Clean Fuels Markets across North America, Global Voluntary Carbon markets, etc.
The role envisages the following activities:
- Maintaining and adding data-pipes on information that impact carbon markets
- Updating existing econometric/ data models and developing new relevant models pertaining to Carbon allowances, offsets, LCFS etc.
- Develop forward looking projections and views on issues pertaining to carbon markets. Analyzing a variety of data streams using mathematical models and statistical techniques
- Supporting delivery of reports and analysis - working with teams across the firm that require data/ insights
- Managing / mentoring a small team of data scientists and data engineers
- Understanding how clients are using the data/ models and finding ways of improving the client experience
- Supporting and actively participate in product development and management
1. You have been working with analyzing data already and looking to operate in carbon markets
2. You have a methodical and curious mindset
3. You are comfortable being an individual contributor as well as can manage a small team
You must have:
- Post-graduation in a relevant discipline such as economics, financial engineering, data science, statistics, applied mathematics, etc.
- 7+ years of work experience, including 5+ years in building models or recommendation solutions
- Familiar with basics of data preparation and a variety of approaches to use data to solve problems (econometric tools, machine learning, linear programming and the likes)
- Experience in climate policy, energy markets and/or environmental commodity markets is a big plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of standard analytical software such Python, Microsoft excel, R, or SPSS
- Passion for creating newer products and experience having done.
- Ability to work 'hands-on'
Location: New Delhi, India
cKinetics is a mission driven Sustainability Insight, Innovation & Capital Advisory Firm. We are amongst the largest boutique Sustainability advisory firms globally. We work with businesses, investors, industry groups as well as thought leaders to continually generate market insight and catalyze change. With offices in New Delhi, India and Cupertino, California; the company works with clients and partners globally.
This role is for cCarbon, a division of cKinetics. CaliforniaCarbon tracks carbon and offset markets and mines insights for over 200 organizations in North America.