Recruitment Team at cKinetics
Views:1958 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:174
cKinetics - Economist - Carbon & Energy Markets (6-9 yrs)
cKinetics - Economist - Carbon & Energy Markets
- cKinetics is looking for an Economist who is passionate about Sustainability and Carbon Markets and looking for meaningful as well as cutting-edge work.
- The candidate would be part of the California Carbon team, a division of cKinetics, which provides business intelligence and analytics in carbon markets.
- The person would be involved in modeling and analyzing the carbon and offset markets in North America, especially the Western Climate Initiative (California+ Quebec) and Californias Low Carbon Fuel Standards (LCFS) market.
Position deliverables :
The role envisages the following activities :
- Responsible for updating existing financial/ econometric models and developing new relevant models pertaining to Carbon allowances, offsets, LCFS etc
- Research and analyze economic issues pertaining to carbon markets. Analyze a variety of data streams using mathematical models and statistical techniques
- Supporting delivery of reports and analysis. Publishing relevant forecast, commentaries and reports synthesizing the key news and developments
- Engage with proponents in US and Canada to keep track of fast-evolving market developments with regulators, industry bodies, clients, etc.
- Support and actively participate in product development and management
About you :
1. You are looking to take on responsibility and be part of a dynamic environment
2. You have a methodical and critical mindset for collecting and analysing market data
3. Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact and collaborate with professionals from varied cultural backgrounds
You must have :
- Post-graduation in economics with 6+ years of work experience and strong modeling skills
- Experience in climate policy, energy markets and/or environmental commodity markets
- Excellent English writing skills and the ability to articulate analytical thought in an easily comprehensible manner and to use all insights gathered to build various reports
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of standard analytical software such Microsoft excel, R, or SPSS
- Ability to work hands-on and multi-task in an energetic environment
About cKinetics :
- cKinetics (www.cKinetics.com) is a mission driven Sustainability Insight, Innovation & Capital Advisory Firm. We are amongst the largest boutique Sustainability advisory firms globally.
- We work with businesses, investors, industry groups as well as thought leaders to continually generate market insight and catalyze change. With offices in New Delhi, India and Cupertino, California; the company works with clients and partners globally.
- This role is for California Carbon, a division of cKinetics. CaliforniaCarbon tracks carbon and offset markets and mines insights for over 100 organizations in North America. You can learn more at https://go.californiacarbon.info/intro