Consultant at Avimukta
Views:2499 Applications:98 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Civil Litigation Lawyer - Asset Reconstruction Firm (1-10 yrs)
Our client is an Asset Reconstruction Company based in Bengaluru. They have recently obtained their license to operate as an ARC from the Reserve Bank of India. Currently having a workforce of 8-10 employees, they are looking at building their legal team which could potentially comprise of 4-5 people
Job Location : Bangalore
Work Experience : 1-10+ years
- Candidate must have relevant experience in Civil Litigation (banking & finance, real estate and DRT)
- Candidates from the National Law Schools are preferred but not compulsory
- Candidates currently residing in/ or looking to relocate to Bangalore
- Should be abreast with latest legal developments and rulings, especially in real estate sector.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written. Drafting skills of high order is a key expectation
Key Responsibilities :
- Formulate the strategy for each dispute or litigation to resolve the matter in company's favour. Drive strategy sessions internally and with external counsels.
- Drafting high quality and incisive plaints, written statements, affidavits, POAs, rejoinders, writ petitions, applications, representations, legal notices, etc.
- Represent the company before various regulatory authorities/ Courts of law for resolution of any legal issues, as required
- Set up conciliation and/ or arbitration mechanism for alternate dispute resolution.
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases - identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, timely filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership.
- Explore, evaluate and manage out of court settlements in coordination with relevant business leadership.
- Collating correspondence and other relevant contracts/documents from and oversee preparation of litigation files meticulously.