HR at Citizens Alliance Private Limited
Views:1267 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Citizens Alliance - Manager - Legal - LLB/CS (3-8 yrs)
Citizens Alliance is a cohort of young professionals who work with Governments to solve India's key developmental challenges. We specialize in designing and implementing innovative policy interventions and civic engagement programs for increasing the reach and effectiveness of development-sector initiatives.
WHAT WE DO
We pioneer in creating innovative, efficient and sustainable solutions for improved citizen participation at the last-mile using new data-driven tools and technology. We work through the entire policy life-cycle beginning from agenda setting, policy development to implementation and evaluation.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position requires the candidate to work on all legal issues concerning the Organization; act as an effective guardian of the Organization, strategize and bring innovation in the legal and compliance functioning and development, successfully improvising from time to time.
The successful candidate will have excellent drafting and negotiating capabilities, be able to draft legal and compliance documents, ensure legal compliance and work on standardization and limit risks to the Organization
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for young, passionate professionals who are looking to take up challenging or unconventional opportunities and drive our large-scale projects. The role offers you to:
- Lead and direct the legal function in order to ensure effective management of legal, contractual and compliance issues, support to identify and mitigate legal-related risks for the Organization`s operations.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing agreements and various legal documents (e.g. nondisclosure agreements, service agreements, partnership agreements, minutes of meetings, notices, reports, etc.)
- Managing, reviewing and drafting all internal policies, corporate governance guidelines, and procedures, privacy policies, etc.
- Managing all the secretarial compliances of the Organization with the Ministry of Corporate affairs, Conducting Board Meeting, AGM, EGM. Filing of statutory e-forms with MCA. Act as a custodian of corporate records, statutory books, and registers.
- Coordinating with external lawyers on legal opinions, litigation cases and regulatory audits.
- Dealing and liaising with authorities and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance of the Organization with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for management meetings
- Work with internal stakeholders e.g. Finance, HR, Admin and IT, to ensure full understanding of data flow and data integrity.
- Advising on Labor Laws. Registration under Shops Establishment Act, Professional Tax, Provident Fund/Employee State Insurance and ensuring compliance.
- Tender Documentation and well versed with the process of filing tenders/e-tenders, Expression of Interest/Request for Proposals with Government/PPPs.
- Filing, registering any document including forms, returns, and applications by and on behalf of the company as an authorized representative.
- Keep abreast of the latest legal, regulatory and case law developments affecting the operations of the Organization.
The DESIRED CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE
- Graduated from Tier-I Law institutes with LLB or CS (Company Secretaries) qualification with a legal professional experience of 5-8 years and handling day-to-day legal affairs in a corporate legal department
- Personal drive to plan, prioritize, deliver results even on tight deadlines and go beyond 9 to 5 framework