VP - Talent Acquisition at Citibank
Views:1182 Applications:280 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Citibank - AVP - Credit Analyst - Commercial Banking (6-12 yrs)
The Credit Officer 2-Emerging Corporates is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information.
Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Makes decisions in accordance with credit department policies.
- Employs decisioning for multi-merchant locations to meet customer credit requirements.
- Takes ownership to resolve issues/inquiries with rapport building, individualized attention using a variety of resources.
- Performs financial analysis and makes recommendations on new and existing credits and exposures.
- Assesses credit worthiness by analyzing various commercial credit vehicles including financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flow), commercial credit bureau reports (Dun and Bradstreet, Experian & Equifax), SEC Filings, bond ratings, grants, tax returns, letters of credit, and budgetary information.
- Prepares a Credit Analysis Summary (CAS) of Commercial applicants requesting large lines of credit by analyzing the customer, interpreting the request, identifying the risk factors, performing a risk assessment, and providing a summary and recommendation.
- Mentor lower level analysts.
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Previous Credit Analysis experience required.
- Previous commercial credit authority preferred.
- Good corporate and merchant credit and exposure analysis skills.
- Excellent process and project management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret commercial credit bureaus, analyze trade experience, and utilize external financial resources to underwrite credit requests.
- Demonstrated commercial underwriting experience.
- Proven analytical and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proficient working knowledge of Windows and Excel.