Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:701 Applications:146 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Circle HR Head - Telecom (8-14 yrs)
We are looking for a Circle HR Head for India's largest mobile tower installation company based at Bhubaneswar/Jaipur
Job Details :
Location : Bhubaneswar/Jaipur
Circle : Odisha/Rajasthan
Grade : SM
Function Name : Human Resources
Nature of Role : Team Management
Division/ Dept: : HR
Reports to : Circle CEO (Direct Reporting); Regional HR Head (Matrix Reporting)
Reported by : Admin Head ; 2-3 off roll admin and HR
Work Timings : 9AM-6PM, 5 days
CTC : Industry Standards
Experience : Combination of relevant education and HR experience of 8-14 years. Must have a strong background in HR policy and practice; Experience in employee relations and legal compliances
Education : Regular Graduate + MBA HR
Knowledge Required : Statutory Compliance ; Labor Laws ; Employee life cycle management activities
Skills / Competencies : Stakeholder Management ; People Management ; Effective Coordination ; Impactful Communication ; Interviewing skills ; Customer Orientation
Internal Interactions : All circle employees and Off roll associates Employees in Corporate Office (HR & SCM especially)
External interactions : Recruitment partners/Government authorities (Labor Inspector)
Financial Dimensions : NA
People Dimensions : NA
Other Dimensions : Handling End to end HR responsibility for over 150-200 employees incl supervisors
Major Challenges : Employee engagement - workforce is distributed and hence it's a challenge
- Managing unions - where applicable
Job Purpose :
To act as a Business Partner to Circle Business Teams by aligning all HR deliveries (acquisition of talent, employee engagement, career growth and retention) to meet business requirements. Ensure effectiveness and end-to-end employee lifecycle management by complementing the business objectives with the overall HR policies and practices.
Employee Life cycle Management - Operations :
- Design, develop & execute cross-functional programs and employee engagement initiatives to improve performance and reducing attrition rate.
- Drive SYM impact planning sessions at the circle levels and track action planning for enhanced employee satisfaction.
- Responsible for circle level CSR activities - alignment to the corporate goals w.r.t CSR in association with Circle Admin team
- Manage the complete recruitment cycle, from sourcing of candidates to making offers, as per the defined TA process and approved SLA- s, for levels that have been delegated to circles.
- Conduct on-boarding of new joinees and smooth induction at circle level.
- Ensure effective utilization of HR Budget and implementation of measures to drive cost optimization.
Talent Management and Learning & Development :
- Goal Setting - KRA communication for all employees, Ensuring Timely KRA creation for new joinees
- Facilitate and drive compliance in performance management cycle at circle -Appraisal Completion ( Mid year and Annual), probation completion for supervisors.
- Ensuring effective Performance Improvement Plan Creation and follow up while working with Managers
- Participating in Rolling out Talent management initiatives. e.g. FORCE, Lakshya etc.
- Sensitize employees on L&D processes, calendar and offerings through constant communication
- Capture circle training needs and driving compliance.
- Drive and support ITTA for the circle
Business Partnering & Communication :
- Understand the business environment, and the business priorities at the circle level to facilitate effective HR and Administrative support to the respective business/functional leadership teams.
- Interpret and Implement the HR policies to bring uniformity in all people practices.
- Inculcate discipline and code of conduct by reinforcing workplace ethics & value systems.
- Plan communication initiatives in conjunction with leadership teams at circle and at Corporate Office to ensure consistency, openness and transparency.
- Coordinates special projects as directed to include, but not limited to, employee survey and feedback process etc.
- Design and implement the circle specific Rewards & Recognitions program and facilitate deployment and review of National R&R programs for sustainability, effectiveness and relevance.
Statutory Compliance & Industrial Relations :
- Ensure 100% HRMS Data Accuracy
- Complete management of outsourced associates (including recruitment of vacant positions, attendance, monthly payroll, compliance etc.)
- Ensure all statutory compliances are adhered to as per the laws of the land.
- Maintain cordial relations with relevant workforce unions (where applicable) to ensure smooth and uninterrupted operations
Typical Day Looks Like :
1. Employee query resolution and grievance handling (25%)
2. Talent acquisition of Field Support Staff Only (25%)
3. Communication and policy implementation (15%)
4. Administrative activities and issues (10%)
5. HR Process Compliance (25%)