Leadership Hiring at Mancer Consulting
Views:809 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:139
Chief Technology Officer - IT (20-25 yrs)
1. Articulate and continually evolve the strategic technical direction for the business, aligning the company's technology strategy with its business strategy and making sure the company continues to have the best technology offering in a dynamically-evolving highly-competitive space.
2. Enabling technical architecture and engineering teams to execute the technical vision whilst achieving balance between business and technology strategy through collaboration with Sales, business development, Product and customers.
3. Oversee the engineering department comprising of Development, Quality Assurance, DevOps and support teams; providing hands-on technical oversight, directing engineering and product delivery efforts, outline goals for research & development.
4. Drive the technical architecture of platforms while balancing technical debt.
5. Partner with all other departments including product, marketing, business operations, customer success and finance.
6. Define the strategy and direction of product engineering and processes, cloud deployment strategies, as well as product development. Knowledge on On-premise deployment strategies and AWS is a must.
7. Leverage experience and leadership to transform existing functions to drive consistency and efficiency.
8. Manage the overall operating budget of the department to maximize utilization of resources and delivery of solutions.
9. Experience in conducting technology due diligence, contracts reviews & approvals, Vendor management.
10. Assess and refine existing Agile development process by working with product management, support, development, DevOps, and QA.
11. Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
12. Deep understanding on Web frameworks, Architecture principles & need to ensure the correct architecture decisions are made. Understanding of Java EE specs and technologies is a must.
13. Deep understanding of development, maintenance & support functions of Enterprise Software, platform based services & SaaS solutions.
14. Extensive software development background with the ability to lead and confidently discuss estimates, design and architecture.
15. Domain knowledge of Capital markets is a significant advantage in this role.
Requirements & Experience
1. Strategic thinking, Strong leadership skills and commercial acumen. Well-versed in latest technological trends (Data Science, AI/ML, Blockchain etc.) and a champion in execution.
2. Excellent communicator and public speaker, strong influencer -
a. must speak with authority about the market needs around technology,
b. must be credible with customers, and must be able to articulate the business value and ROI to a variety of audiences (Senior executives) at different levels.
c. Ability to inspire/excite people around long term technology direction & vision
3. Total 20+ years of experience with 7-10 years of engineering leadership experience with team size of 200+, 10+ years software development experience.
4. A degree in computer science
5. Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
6. Experience in capital markets space in a financial institution, or technology / service provider