Recruiter at SeenRecruit
Views:993 Applications:205 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Chief Technology Officer - IT (15-20 yrs)
Chief Technology Officer
Role Summary :
- The CTO will play a critical role in leveraging technology investments and capital to support the company's long-term revenue and growth goals. This is a dynamic role and requires leadership capability, technical expertise and a business mindset.
- The incumbent will leverage platform's expertise in pedagogy and learning research to develop and deliver technology enabled products that can further the vision of a world where children everywhere learn with understanding.
- The incumbent is expected to be a - Big Thinker- and spends his/her time evaluating how technology can be used internally by the business to:
1) Enrich the current products portfolio and create new business lines,
2) Increase revenues, and
3) Preempt a competitor's attempts to use technology to disrupt the market. The responsibilities will include advanced technology, competitive analysis, technology assessment, prototyping lab, partnering, planning, and architecture standards.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop technical and product vision, roadmaps for system and product growth and then ensure timely execution and quality delivery
- Own the product management, development, delivery and impact chain to quickly deliver high quality products that support company's business goals, with focus on the end consumer. Find and fix technical, architectural and quality flaws in what the platform is currently facing
- Develop and lead the company's strategic technical direction. In today's dynamic and fast paced environment, it's important to stay on top of emerging technologies, as well as understand the best uses for existing languages and frameworks. Lead all aspects of technology, through development and deployment of applications both web-based and mobile-based, as well as web-presence. Stay in the forefront of technology and multi-platform development (web, mobile, tablet, phablets etc.)
- Work with the Data Science team in intimately understanding customer actions and create a layer of business intelligence that takes the insights data can provide and automate a response.
- Play the role of Technical Evangelist, Representing the organization at technology conferences, events, speaking engagements and media events as needed. Also speaking directly to customers and stakeholders about the business value of current products.
- Build and maintain team budgets for the Product, Technology and Data Science teams
- Play a significant part in attracting, identifying and recruiting talent and keeping them engaged and motivated.
Eligible Candidates :
- Female Candidate with experience as the CTO or Co-Founder of a product company.
Candidates who have previously held senior leadership positions in VC backed companies is a plus
- UI/UX expertise and demonstrated leadership in this area in previous work experience. Experience of having built tech products targeted at children between 6-16 would be an added plus
- 15+ years of work experience in Technology
- B. Tech or M. Tech in Engineering or an equivalent degree
- Strategic planning orientation - align technology and research with long-term business financial goals
- Financial management - solid grasp on financial management, planning, and investment to manage capital and operating budgets
- Software development - background in coding and software development, which helps inform their decisions about the company's technologies
- Strong in product-engineering, data science, object-oriented programming, software architecture, product and project management
- Public relations - interact directly with their company's customers and the press
- Communication skills - written and verbal communication is key to this role, as the chief technology officer works with executives and development teams to create and implement technology roadmaps and standards
- Analysis and metrics - experience analyzing and measuring technology use and adoption to guide development and marketing efforts
- R&D center leadership where the incumbent had supported Indian or global businesses is a plus
- Demonstrated drive to get things done with a track record of success.
- Proven record of coaching for performance.
- Record of setting high performance standards and holding self and others accountable.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.