Account Manager at Olive Green Consulting
Views:3000 Applications:239 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Chief Technology Officer - IT (12-20 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
Business Strategy :
- Provide strategic process and architecture thought leadership and direction
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology businesses, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Interface with business partners to advise and provide technology related solutions and thought leadership.
- Formulate a Technology vision based on the organization's strategic intent and cascade it to an operational level plan
- Prepare the Annual Technology Plan for the Department along with the IT procurement plan for both hardware and software
Capital Expenditure :
- Initiate allocation of capital expenditure related to technology and also review cases of unplanned expenditures
- Keep abreast of non-performing assets and take required steps to dispose of the same
Strategic Appointment :
- Manage IT vendors engaged for various services & equipment
- Initiating procedures for smooth functioning of the entire procedure from receipt of content to conversion, tagging, uploading and finally making it live on the portal
- Ensuring all statutory compliance of Broadcast
- Ensure that all broadcast content is in line with technical and content related government regulations
- Identifying and sourcing solutions for content conversions and its security over the internet
- Identifying / Forecasting and implementing storage requirements of the company.
- Overseeing the maintenance of all IT equipment regularly
- Formulating plans and policies for overall growth and development together with goal setting and continuous process improvement
- Act as catalyst between the technology partners, syndication parties, content developers and owners.
- Analyze IT requirements keeping in mind business impact, strategic value and organizational readiness for each project
- Liaise with other departments on technological requirements for enhancing service levels and improving process efficiencies
- Exploring the IT requirements for an integrated Newsroom for Print, Digital and Sakshi Web
- Conduct regular checks on IT compliance of software and hardware
- Direct conduct of periodic departmental audits, highlight deviations and develop and implement measures to reduce business risk
- Survey the IT world for latest technological advancements and prepare a suitable business case for their deployment for the Top Management
- Survey the organization on technology adoption and digital mindset for new technology implementation in the organization.
- Conduct trainings for all departments for better technology adoption and implementation.
- Organize for processes like Broadcasting, Video Conferencing, Web casting and Audio conferencing
- Conduct technology and application evaluation based on user inputs and support user departments in finalizing technology options
- Prepare tender documents and specifications for work to be carried out as well as for material requirements
- Ensure project construction as per design specification, identify variances and report the same to contractor
- Take over the management of project post testing and commissioning
- Ensure Smooth Operations of IT Systems (IT applications, software, servers and processes)
- Ensure smooth operation of SAP portal
- Ensure planned maintenance and backup of systems as per schedule. Prepare budgets for operations and infrastructure maintenance / repair and submit to finance
- Facilitate business continuity by providing IT services required to support critical business processes
- Ensure that breakdowns and department concerns are addressed within a specified time frame
- Direct resolution of escalated issues relating to technical support and administration in a timely manner.
Human Resources :
- Build and maintain the Information Technology team
- Conduct detailed resource planning for each new initiative/process with a view to estimate budget, time and man month requirements
- Mentor and coach subordinates to develop the team's capabilities and build a strong succession pipeline for the role.
- Undertake organizational needs analysis to identify opportunities to improve organizational efficiency through IT interventions.
Environment & Safety;
- Initiate Safety and Disaster Management Programs
Key Result Areas and Performance Indicators
Sr. No Key Result Areas Key performance indicators
1. Oversee technology implementation in the organization % adherence to IT budgets within the organization
2. Supervise IT systems and processes % Downtime due to unscheduled maintenance
3. Oversee automation of business processes Number of new IT intervention projects formulated and implemented
% adherence to estimated project cost and time for implementation of IT infrastructure
% improvement in operational efficiency as a result of project implementation
Job Specification :
Education: Post Graduate in Technology
Years of Experience: 12 + Years of relevant work experience in handling IT systems, applications and networks
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.