Account Manager at Olive Green Consulting
Views:1824 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Chief Technology Officer - IT (12-20 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
Business Strategy :
- Provide strategic process and architecture thought leadership and direction
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology businesses, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Interface with business partners to advise and provide technology related solutions and thought leadership.
- Formulate a Technology vision based on the organization's strategic intent and cascade it to an operational level plan
- Prepare the Annual Technology Plan for the Department along with the IT procurement plan for both hardware and software
Capital Expenditure :
- Initiate allocation of capital expenditure related to technology and also review cases of unplanned expenditures
- Keep abreast of non-performing assets and take required steps to dispose of the same
Strategic Appointment :
- Manage IT vendors engaged for various services & equipment
- Initiating procedures for smooth functioning of the entire procedure from receipt of content to conversion, tagging, uploading and finally making it live on the portal
- Ensuring all statutory compliance of Broadcast
- Ensure that all broadcast content is in line with technical and content related government regulations
- Identifying and sourcing solutions for content conversions and its security over the internet
- Identifying / Forecasting and implementing storage requirements of the company.
- Overseeing the maintenance of all IT equipment regularly
- Formulating plans and policies for overall growth and development together with goal setting and continuous process improvement
- Act as catalyst between the technology partners, syndication parties, content developers and owners.
- Analyze IT requirements keeping in mind business impact, strategic value and organizational readiness for each project
- Liaise with other departments on technological requirements for enhancing service levels and improving process efficiencies
- Exploring the IT requirements for an integrated Newsroom for Print, Digital and Sakshi Web
- Conduct regular checks on IT compliance of software and hardware
- Direct conduct of periodic departmental audits, highlight deviations and develop and implement measures to reduce business risk
- Survey the IT world for latest technological advancements and prepare a suitable business case for their deployment for the Top Management
- Survey the organization on technology adoption and digital mindset for new technology implementation in the organization.
- Conduct trainings for all departments for better technology adoption and implementation.
- Organize for processes like Broadcasting, Video Conferencing, Web casting and Audio conferencing
- Conduct technology and application evaluation based on user inputs and support user departments in finalizing technology options
- Prepare tender documents and specifications for work to be carried out as well as for material requirements
- Ensure project construction as per design specification, identify variances and report the same to contractor
- Take over the management of project post testing and commissioning
- Ensure Smooth Operations of IT Systems (IT applications, software, servers and processes)
- Ensure smooth operation of SAP portal
- Ensure planned maintenance and backup of systems as per schedule. Prepare budgets for operations and infrastructure maintenance / repair and submit to finance
- Facilitate business continuity by providing IT services required to support critical business processes
- Ensure that breakdowns and department concerns are addressed within a specified time frame
- Direct resolution of escalated issues relating to technical support and administration in a timely manner.
Human Resources :
- Build and maintain the Information Technology team
- Conduct detailed resource planning for each new initiative/process with a view to estimate budget, time and man month requirements
- Mentor and coach subordinates to develop the team's capabilities and build a strong succession pipeline for the role.
- Undertake organizational needs analysis to identify opportunities to improve organizational efficiency through IT interventions.
Environment & Safety;
- Initiate Safety and Disaster Management Programs
Key Result Areas and Performance Indicators
Sr. No Key Result Areas Key performance indicators
1. Oversee technology implementation in the organization % adherence to IT budgets within the organization
2. Supervise IT systems and processes % Downtime due to unscheduled maintenance
3. Oversee automation of business processes Number of new IT intervention projects formulated and implemented
% adherence to estimated project cost and time for implementation of IT infrastructure
% improvement in operational efficiency as a result of project implementation
Job Specification :
Education: Post Graduate in Technology
Years of Experience: 12 + Years of relevant work experience in handling IT systems, applications and networks