Chief Technical Officer/Cofounder - Fullstack Development - B2B Lending Market (5-12 yrs)
Fullstack Developer (CTO) - American FinTech focused on Indian B2B Lending Market
20-25% equity. - 55-60L after seed capital raise.
Principal, Technology (CTO and Fullstack Developer) and Co-Founder title as employee #2.
Based in New York City and Hyderabad, kohtah is a fintech startup aimed at transforming the business to business lending marketplace in India.
The CEO and Founder has 12 years- experience working in the US, UK and India in the finance, startup, and legal sectors. Specifically, he has worked for the world's best Investment Banks (e.g. Goldman Sachs), law firms and machine learning hedge funds in growth strategy, operations, and sales. He has managed teams as large as 20 people and regularly delivered work product for, and reported to, CEOs and Managing Directors. Furthermore, he has raised tens of millions of dollars for various asset managers. He holds a law degree specializing in investment law and a master's in economics from the University of Cambridge.
Status of the Business :
We have a decisive vision but need a brilliant CTO to help make it a reality before we go to the venture marketplace to raise capital. We know how to get all the pieces of a business in place (we- ve done it before) and will pursue funding once the Minimum Marketable Product (MMP) is built. More specifically, we have a 5 year precision financial forecast, an investment-grade business plan, a 10-page specification writeup for a Minimum Marketable Product, a clear understanding of complex regulation and international legal structures, a strong network across the US and Indian asset management industries, proprietary and targeted sales prospect lists, a step-by-step company action plan, and unreplicable experience building several asset management businesses from the ground-up.
- We are a pre-money startup (which means significant equity for the right CTO candidate).
- We are seeking a highly motivated, extremely responsive, and hard-working CTO and Co-Founder to help build a next generation business to business lending interface for India. We are based in New York City and Hyderabad and are searching for a full stack web developer who is India-based. Above all else, you should love designing and building a product from end-to-end.
- We are looking for a person who is long-term oriented and willing to put in the work for 10-12 months during the design, build, and capital raise period. This means joining kohtah would be a part-time endeavor for you, in your first year, while you continue with your day job.
You will report directly to the CEO and will act as the technology leader, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company. Eventually you will lead and manage a team of 3-5 individuals.
Desired Skills and Qualifications :
- Full stack web development experience
- Ability and willingness to architect a service of a database-backed dynamic web application (from detail-oriented back end to a dazzling front end user interface)
- Must be highly responsive (over email and chat) and have a strong sense of ownership
- Preferably has 3-5 years of managerial experience
- Ideally has 7-12 years of total work experience
- Work experience in finance is not required, however significant experience at an Amazon, Reliance, Google, DE Shaw, Goldman Sachs or similar is a must
- Integrity and strong sense of ethics is an absolute must
- Technical/Computer Science degree from a top institution is strongly preferred
- To be the technological teacher/coach/mentor for the entire firm
- Develop technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Supervise and be responsible for system infrastructure (from the basics to the highly technical) to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance, security, and data protection systems and processes
- Ensure prioritization, timely execution, quality, resolving issues faced during operationalization and ensuring success metrics are met
- Develop MMP, ensure the security of such product, build a coding culture, and ensure competitive advantage with the help of precise product vision and cutting edge technology
- Eventually you will lead a team of 3-5 individuals
- Use stakeholders - feedback to inform necessary improvements
Target compensation (after seed capital raise) for this role is - 55-60L with co-founder title and significant equity, 5 day work weeks, 4 weeks time off each year - with a minimum of 2 weeks required, and best-in-class health and personal benefits.