Chief Technical Architect - Internet/Online - IIT/BITS/NIT (10-15 yrs)
Chief Technical Architect
Job Description :
- We are currently retained by a leading disruptor in the logistics space for hiring a Chief Technical Architect. The role is with an ecommerce based startup that serves multiple cities in India. It's a very fast growing company that is scaling.
- As the Chief Technical architect you will work on finding scalable solutions to various business problems and design the same for the future scaleup. So, it's a very exciting role especially if you are not looking for run of the mill solutions to already identified problems but rather working collaboratively on designing solutions for a new age ever changing business.
- You will be the chief technology advisor for all tech based decisions on new solutions and this will be the 1 to 100 journey.
- The person will work closely with the CTO and Leadership team to design and deliver game changing value to customers and users through well architected products.
- Please note prior experience of working in a tech product start-up in the areas of core product architecture building, maintaining and continuously innovating is Mandatory.
As a Chief Technical Architect, you will be responsible to:
- Collaborate with the Product and Business teams to design and discuss scalable solutions to business problems.
- Own the products architecture and get involved in key design and architectural decisions with the engineering team.
- Lead a team of budding architects.
- Initiate and influence the product architecture roadmap being in the driver's seat by proactively planning the architecture team's strategy and goals with the help of engineering and product management team.
- Setup best practices for team to achieve scale and quality performance of the system.
To fit the bill, you must have:
- Engineering degree from a tier 1 college 10+ years of experience in technology domain with strong exposure in working with large scale systems.
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
- Good knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Experience & exposure to a variety of large-scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Very strong understanding of backend system design and preferably worked on Python
- Managed teams but at the same time be a hands-on technology person.
- Excellent Mentoring skills ; Be the technical mentor to your team.
- Please note only candidates who have architected products for large scalable solutions with start-ups would be preferred for this role.
- Any prior experience in a small setup (either a start-up or a small & reasonably independent team / development center) would be great to have.
If you think you fit the bill, write to us with a cover note on how you fit the role and why you would be interested in this role along with your CTC. Please do note the client requires an engineering degree from a top tier institute so please apply if you fit that criterion.