Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:1869 Applications:305 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Chief Risk Officer - FinTech (15-20 yrs)
Chief Risk Officer :
As an owner of the Risk Management function, the incumbent in this role is expected to facilitate business growth and investor confidence by maintaining low NPAs & Delinquency while ensuring that business has the required liberty to grow in the horizon.
- This is a strategic role. Incumbent shall be responsible for assessing risk on existing and new programs & offerings.
- Create a policy framework for :
a. Extending credit | unsecured loans in an unsecured consumer lending environment
b. Underwriting the risk
c. Compliance with the applicable statutes and regulatory frameworks
d. Strong corporate governance
- Interact closely with various partner banks and NBFC to setup aligned policies to acquire customer and manage collections
- Deploy analytics to :
a. Rate a new customer
b. Define entitlements
c. Catch early warning signals for soon to be delinquent accounts
d. Collection strategies across buckets
- Define procedures for underwriting policies, infrastructure, development & deployment of underwriting models, risk decision strategies and fraud detection
- Be involved in the full-life-cycle and straddle credit-and non-credit functions
- Work closely with core leadership team and lending partners in managing risk, return of the portfolio, defaults & collections
- Represent the company to the outside world, including lending partners, board of directors & other strategic alliances
- Oversee the Fraud aspect of customer selection in the end to end digital Journey
- Implement digital under-writing models
- The candidate shall be responsible for ensuring the overall quality of the lending portfolio by planning and directing all aspects of credit risk.
- This position will identify credit risk; assess enterprise effectiveness in managing these risks through appropriate internal controls; and build awareness as part of the leadership culture.
- Provide senior management advice on credit risk issues in strategic decision making
Person Profile :
- Risk Head or Senior role in Fintech or Digital NBFC's with start-up experience
- At least 15 years- experience is must
- Strong retail product knowledge with focus on personal loans with strong policy knowledge of the unsecured loans
- Ability to handle large format of data is required
- Strong business acumen