Leadership Hiring/Candidate Delight at Staffio HR
Views:3872 Applications:155 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Chief Risk Officer - Bank (10-20 yrs)
Exp : 10 - 20 years
CTC : 65 - 70 LPA
Talents from Banking Only
65% - Focused on credit risk and rest would be market & operational risk
Reporting : Dual reporting to the Country Head in Mumbai as well as the Head of Wholesale Credit based in Dubai
- Manage the overall Risk Management functions of the bank addressing Credit, Market, Operational, wholesale, legal and reputation risks. Devise and implement a risk management structure, compliant with central bank regulations, our requirements and international best practice.
Key Result Areas :
Credit Risk :
- Quality of assigned loan portfolio, as measured by % of classified outstanding and hence loan loss provisions, Volume of assigned portfolio.
- Implementation of appropriate risk reporting to the Country Head, Manco and senior management
- Early detection of warning signals to ensure timely corrective action, and hence minimize loan losses.
- Develop, document and review deals, structures, credit products / services and provide business solutions which meets business and customer requirements within credit and operational risk guidelines and policies.
- Be vigilant about changing credit risk environment / profiles of countries / regions in general and customers / relationships in particular by developing, setting up and ensuring ongoing and periodic monitoring and reviews.
- Developing and spreading a credit culture throughout the Banks RMs.
- Provide expertise and solutions to RMs and ARMs in developing deal / transaction structure, and advising on handling problem accounts.
- Review credit policies and procedures on a periodical basis, and recommend changes where appropriate.
- ICAAP ownership along with periodic stress testing
- Managing and monitoring local regulatory requirements such as Single & Group Borrower norms, Sectoral limits, PSL, Country/Bank limits
- Developing credit risk model for branch operations and credit rating framework in line with H.O. requirements
- Working with Business units to arrive at the credit cost and the resultant economic profit and the requirement of economic capital
- Conduct Risk Management Committee meetings at stipulated periodicity.
- Monitor various regulatory limits like country risk, bank risk, SBL / GBL norms etc.
- Lead IFRS 9 calculation for impairment of financial instruments
- Review and comply with the credit policies and procedures
- Approve credit within delegated lending authorities based on acceptable underwriting standards
- Make customer calls as and when needed to assess borrowers
- Conduct periodic portfolio reviews and portfolio stress testing and identify weak credits and take necessary action as remedy Operational Risk
- Primary responsibility to monitor and measure OR and support identification and control of OR for the group.
- Define policies regarding management responsibilities, control standards and accountabilities that ensure the stability and surety of all transaction processing.
- Facilitate branch wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks accordingly.
- Validation and periodic review of RCSA, administer error logs and align the same for computation of Operational risk Market Risk
- Establish the Market Risk function for the Bank in line with HO & Local Regulatory requirements (including defining the Middle and Back office functions to difference from Market Risk), staff and make the roles operational.
- Establish market risk measurement systems, in line with HO & Local Regulatory requirements
Monitor Market Risk :
- Monitor various limits like AGL, IGL, NOOP, VaR etc.
Liquidity Risk :
- Monitoring as per RBI guidelines : Basel III Framework on Liquidity Standards - Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR), Liquidity Risk Monitoring Tools and LCR Disclosure Standards
- Strict adherence of ALM guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience :
- University Graduate with Masters Qualifications.
- Professional qualification in business / commerce / economics / law.
- High degree of credit skills (credit, analytical, judgmental) and geographic locations.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of local banking law / practice and products / services, especially in the area of international payment, trade finance & treasury.
- Knowledge of trade finance with reference to documentation and structuring.
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking with reference to risk monitoring.
- Expert level quantitative and financial techniques / skills; effective negotiation; and excellent command over verbal and written English.
- Team player and participation experience in variety of banking initiatives and solutions.
- Proven decision making track record under pressing conditions.