Leadership Hiring/Candidate Delight at Staffio HR
Views:3874 Applications:155 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Chief Risk Officer - Bank (10-20 yrs)
Exp : 10 - 20 years
CTC : 65 - 70 LPA
Talents from Banking Only
65% - Focused on credit risk and rest would be market & operational risk
Reporting : Dual reporting to the Country Head in Mumbai as well as the Head of Wholesale Credit based in Dubai
- Manage the overall Risk Management functions of the bank addressing Credit, Market, Operational, wholesale, legal and reputation risks. Devise and implement a risk management structure, compliant with central bank regulations, our requirements and international best practice.
Key Result Areas :
Credit Risk :
- Quality of assigned loan portfolio, as measured by % of classified outstanding and hence loan loss provisions, Volume of assigned portfolio.
- Implementation of appropriate risk reporting to the Country Head, Manco and senior management
- Early detection of warning signals to ensure timely corrective action, and hence minimize loan losses.
- Develop, document and review deals, structures, credit products / services and provide business solutions which meets business and customer requirements within credit and operational risk guidelines and policies.
- Be vigilant about changing credit risk environment / profiles of countries / regions in general and customers / relationships in particular by developing, setting up and ensuring ongoing and periodic monitoring and reviews.
- Developing and spreading a credit culture throughout the Banks RMs.
- Provide expertise and solutions to RMs and ARMs in developing deal / transaction structure, and advising on handling problem accounts.
- Review credit policies and procedures on a periodical basis, and recommend changes where appropriate.
- ICAAP ownership along with periodic stress testing
- Managing and monitoring local regulatory requirements such as Single & Group Borrower norms, Sectoral limits, PSL, Country/Bank limits
- Developing credit risk model for branch operations and credit rating framework in line with H.O. requirements
- Working with Business units to arrive at the credit cost and the resultant economic profit and the requirement of economic capital
- Conduct Risk Management Committee meetings at stipulated periodicity.
- Monitor various regulatory limits like country risk, bank risk, SBL / GBL norms etc.
- Lead IFRS 9 calculation for impairment of financial instruments
- Review and comply with the credit policies and procedures
- Approve credit within delegated lending authorities based on acceptable underwriting standards
- Make customer calls as and when needed to assess borrowers
- Conduct periodic portfolio reviews and portfolio stress testing and identify weak credits and take necessary action as remedy Operational Risk
- Primary responsibility to monitor and measure OR and support identification and control of OR for the group.
- Define policies regarding management responsibilities, control standards and accountabilities that ensure the stability and surety of all transaction processing.
- Facilitate branch wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks accordingly.
- Validation and periodic review of RCSA, administer error logs and align the same for computation of Operational risk Market Risk
- Establish the Market Risk function for the Bank in line with HO & Local Regulatory requirements (including defining the Middle and Back office functions to difference from Market Risk), staff and make the roles operational.
- Establish market risk measurement systems, in line with HO & Local Regulatory requirements
Monitor Market Risk :
- Monitor various limits like AGL, IGL, NOOP, VaR etc.
Liquidity Risk :
- Monitoring as per RBI guidelines : Basel III Framework on Liquidity Standards - Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR), Liquidity Risk Monitoring Tools and LCR Disclosure Standards
- Strict adherence of ALM guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience :
- University Graduate with Masters Qualifications.
- Professional qualification in business / commerce / economics / law.
- High degree of credit skills (credit, analytical, judgmental) and geographic locations.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of local banking law / practice and products / services, especially in the area of international payment, trade finance & treasury.
- Knowledge of trade finance with reference to documentation and structuring.
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking with reference to risk monitoring.
- Expert level quantitative and financial techniques / skills; effective negotiation; and excellent command over verbal and written English.
- Team player and participation experience in variety of banking initiatives and solutions.
- Proven decision making track record under pressing conditions.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.