Chief Purchase Officer - Chemical Industry (20-24 yrs)
Industry - Chemicals / Petrochemical / Plastic / Rubber
Category - Operations
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- Excellent opportunity to work with a multinational organization
- Direct Liaising with top management
Client Details :
The client is one of the established chemicals company with a vast presence in India. Their other divisions include agribusiness, specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals, etc. Currently, they are in the process of restructuring their organization in India, resulting in bifurcating their sourcing & purchase department into an independent entity. They are looking to recruit a driven professional to head this new function for PAN India. The role would be based out of Delhi.
The candidate will report to the CEO and will be responsible for:
- Strategic sourcing from both Indian and global sources
- Raw material planning and control for critical key materials
- Building processes for bulk commodities' buying
- Building the team for efficient handling of purchases
- Leading the task of implementing Oracle systems
- Training & development of the team to use the new system
The ideal candidate:
- Comes with at least 20 years' experience in direct & indirect sourcing & procurement
- Has at least 10 years' of experience in sourcing specialty & fine chemicals
- Would be responsible for spearheading cost saving initiatives through strategic sourcing
- Handles global & local vendors to source critical chemicals (incl. secondary vendors)
- Shows good negotiation skill to handle global vendors
- Has good communication & team management skills
- Along with the opportunity to work with one of the largest multinational organization, you will also have a good growth trajectory with attractive perks.
- To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Soumi De Bhowmick on +91 124 452 5490.
Contact - Soumi De Bhowmick - +91 124 452 5490
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.