Chief Product Officer - eCommerce (10-12 yrs)
- The Head of Product also works very closely with the engineering department, design, sales, marketing, and other departments to deliver the business's product into the market.
- Product/Market Evaluation: The Head of Product is also responsible for spearheading investigation and analyses on the product and the product market. The Head of Product is then expected to process this information, identify opportunities, and present these to the Team for initial validation and testing.
- This information ultimately serves to influence the business's product strategy and ensures that the business makes informed and beneficial decisions when presented to the core team and subsequently to the stakeholders.
- Problem Resolution: The Head of Product, due to his experience, is additionally tasked with the identification of issues in the strategies developed by the junior product team. Apart from identification, it is his responsibility to resolve these strategic issues, which potentially impair the whole department's ability to meet the product's financial, strategic, and technical goals.
Required Qualifications :
- Education: A suitable candidate will have a master's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent in working experience.
- Experience: The candidate must have 10-12 years of experience in product management or project management in complex/matrix environments. Preferably; this experience will be inclusive of at least 5 years experience in the field of Economics.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills are a must for this position. The position is a supervisory position and communication must be effective down the line in order to ensure the proper execution of the roles/functions in all junior positions.
- Additionally, the Head of Product is expected to collaborate with other product departmental heads in the performance of their intertwining duties. The Head of Product will also be required to regularly make presentations to the Director as well as Stakeholders. In both these two cases, communication skills are an absolute necessity for effective conveyance of information.
- Leadership/People Skills: As the Head of the Product Department, a good candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills with an ability to move his peers as well as his juniors and have them follow a common vision. Great leadership should further be coupled with excellent people skills. People skills are what will makes people want to follow him and readily and happily apply his directives; hence improving the cohesion and functionality of the Product department.
- Analytical Skills: The Head of Product should also demonstrate a high level of analytical and quantitative skills. He should possess the ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. The Head of Product also has to have strong financial analytical capabilities that are used to further develop informed product strategies, which subsequently improves product performance.
- Integrity and Vision: As the Head of the Product, it is necessary that he be a visionary who is future-oriented. A suitable candidate will also be a person of high integrity, consistent in their work, and who has clear and visible set values; he also demonstrates calmness under pressure in order to effectively lead the product team even in times of uncertainty