Sr. Consultant & Client Relations at Sapwood Ventures
Views:940 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Chief Operations Officer - EMS Industry (20-30 yrs)
Location : Mumbai
Designation : COO
Job Description :
Major derivative of the position include: COO, chief operating/ operations office, director of operations/ transformations director
Director of operations :
- As part of the team heading Operations under the 3 group companies, you will be reporting to the CEO at the group level. You will play a key role in bringing about operational excellence in core areas of Client's group - driving transformation, building capabilities and driving agility.
The opportunity :
The position is on a director/ SVP/ CXO category. The candidate should have handled leadership roles prior than this in line with respect to operations and transformational initiatives. It is a fantastic opportunity to lead a multi-business organisation front-end by bringing about change in core operations, adapting to new digital agenda, hinge onto new technologies and lead people towards operational excellence.
Key responsibilities include :
- Drive Month on Month Revenue Predictably with Flawless Execution through Standardized Operations
- Ensure the CFT Team has the tools, resources and vision to deliver complete customer satisfaction
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of labor, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations of the plant to ensure the most effective return on assets and meet production goals
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that manufacturing & NPI strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Drive Production planning and implementation including receiving forecasts, requisition for procurement of raw materials and manufacturing of products
- Controlling of WIP and collaborate cross functional to improve the efficiency
- Report on manufacturing activities on a regular basis to the President & Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
Drive working capital improvement :
- Set realistic working capital improvement targets
- Ensure adequate resources are dedicated to driving working capital improvement
Provide Financial Visibility :
- Utilize financial data to communicate performance and opportunities for improvement. Promote a culture of accountability based on data-driven decision-making and success
- Responsible for ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators (KPI- s) for Profitability, On Time Delivery, Quality, and Labor Efficiency are current and communicated across the manufacturing site
- Develop of a multi-year capital investment plan to establish and maintain cost-effective manufacturing capabilities
Build a High-Performing Team :
- Coach and enable staff to effectively interact and ensure policies and procedures are established
- Hire, train and mentor management staff and other key contributors
- Ensure the cross-trained and motivated staff is in place, to meet our customers- needs
- Build an operational transformation journey with the below points. Taking India to the globe under LocalpeVocal charter and reducing China dependency
Cross-operations diagnostic :
- Assess the current operations system (including processes and controls, digital and analytics, management practices, mind set and behaviors, and capabilities), and size the full improvement potential
- Design a coherent vision of the operations system and step-change aspiration, the implementation road map, and a change management strategy.
- Initial idea generation
- Design initiatives to realize vision across dimensions and achieve aspiration. Launch identified quick wins.
- Drive people-led transformation of Operations organization powered by automation, digital and technology platforms. Engage all levels of the organization in execution to create ownership. Change and sustainability engine
- Develop the change management framework to achieve engagement and change mind set and behaviours.
- Set up the implementation management process and tools to ensure focus on execution and fast resolution of roadblocks.
Drive Organization Transformation agenda :
- Enhance efficiencies and opportunities of the Client's group operating model
- Support transition of Client's from Cost to Value center
- Drive initiatives to - Simplify our business-
- Leverage the vendor ecosystem for enhancing operational efficiencies
- Contribute to reduction of Client's cost of delivery
Skills and attributes for success :
- A leader who can communicate an inspired vision and a sense of core purpose and motivate the entire organization
- Self-directed, resourceful, and comfortable with operating in ambiguity. Hands-on approach, with an ability to scale up and scale down with ease
- Relentless drive for results, bottom line orientation, setting and delivering stretch targets
- Strong time management skills and result orientation
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
To qualify for the role, you must have :
- MBA or Master's degree in Strategy, Operations or Finance / similar professional qualifications
- Minimum of 20+ years of experience in a complex EMS manufacturing environment with operations management experience.
- Direct experience in an electronic/electrical products, EMS manufacturing environment is preferred
- Exposure/familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100D is desired
- Proven ability to implement/lead Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP reporting skills strongly preferred.
You will earn brownie points for :
- Ability to inspire confidence through your communication and actions and display high degree of integrity, trust, maturity and situational sensitivity
- Strong customer orientation coupled with a mindset to continuously raise the bar in quality of overall customer experience and interaction.