Consultant at Michael Page
Views:1202 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Chief Operating Officer - Synthetic Resin Manufacturing (20-25 yrs)
- Leadership role to head end to end operations of a growing business
- Part of management team along with the MD, driving key decision making
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leaders in the synthetic resins segment alongside a global export presence and an ever-increasing India footprint. With clear focus on growth, leveraging on its existing product and plant synergies and adding incremental manufacturing capacities, they are currently in the middle of a phenomenal growth trajectory. They are looking for a Chief Operating Officer as a part of their executive leadership team based out of Mumbai.
- Handling day to day operations of the company, which includes looking after Sales and Marketing, Plant Operations, Technology & Purchase / Supply Chain.
- Implementing new Quality Standards like ISO 14000, 18000, Responsible Care etc.
- Responsible for recruitment across all functions with the help of department heads.
- Responsible for scouting and commissioning a new Plant in the near future.
- Responsible for the growth in the top line and bottom line of the organization.
- Responsible for IR & Union negotiations with external Unions.
Key Deliverables/ Outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management skills across Operations, Business Finance, Human Resources etc.
- Strategic and long term thinking.
- High degree of Business knowledge.
- Extraordinary Change Management skills: Processes, Policies, Training & Systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for Impact based Action: company works at a very rapid pace & that is what would be expected.
The Successful Applicant
The client is looking for someone with at least 20-25 years- experience along with a Chemical/Mechanical Engineering degree and an MBA. Previous experience of having handled operations and commercial functions in Resins/Paints/Inks/Adhesives set up will be highly desirable.
The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.