Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:1326 Applications:195 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Chief Operating Officer - Project Management - NGO (15-25 yrs)
The JK Trust, founded in 1953, is driven by the ideals of the Chairman and Managing Director of Raymond Ltd, Mr. Gautam Hari Singhania. They are a leading NGO main objective is to bring about a significant improvement in the quality of life in rural areas through Cattle breed up gradation as well as other advanced technologies oriented to the Cattle wealth of India. It is one of the largest NGOs working in the field of Animal Husbandry in India.
The Trust is currently operating 2071 Integrated Livestock Development (ILD) Centres in 95 districts of 11 states namely; Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Punjab. As on date they are providing services to more than 2 million households across 20,000 villages. Additionally direct employment is being provided to more than 2,000 rural youth in the form of AI technician.
To know more please visit - http://www.jktrust.org/
Reason for hire:
They are looking for a senior professional as a Chief Operating Officer, who will assist the Chief Executive Officer in expanding the activities especially in the area of Livestock Development and to make the organization a Pioneer in livestock sector in India. The position is based at Thane.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Management of Trust's Projects and their process
- Work with CEO and to define future outcomes for the organization
- Work with Project Managers to ensure smooth implementation of projects
- Work on evaluation and expansion plans of existing and upcoming projects
Strategic Management :
- Responsible for assessing the needs of the beneficiaries, strategically planning and organizing quality programs in a cost effective manner along with the programme team
- Review and create robust monitoring and evaluation systems for organizational projects.
- Preparing budget / planning for the execution of the various projects of the Trust.
- Identifies new donors and potential funding partners through networking and other medium and build a strong donor base and database of partners.
- Identify and collaborate with new innovative organization to add value to existing programmes.
- Maintain and nurture strong professional relationship at state level with Government and other agencies.
- Assist the CEO in liaising with Govt. / Institutions.
- Extensive networking with individuals and organizations from different fields to explores possibilities of collaboration with Trust.
- Supporting CEO in developing the organizational prospective planning.
- Co-ordination with State and Regional Team of the Trust.
- Ensuring the cordial work culture and compliances of the mandatory requirements between department and within the organization.
- Highly qualified graduate with a Masters degree in relevant field/management
- Experience 15 years out of which 5 years should be with formulating and directing policy and leading advocacy initiatives at the macro-level. Also experience in NGO management will be added advantage.
- Experience of developing and managing programs/ projects majorly in livelihood, rural development, livestock, etc.
- Experience of developing and managing to monitor and learning systems
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
- Resource mobilization, training and coaching / mentoring skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Practical experience of applying development issues at a project or community level coupled with impact assessment and evaluation of poverty reduction and social change.
- Substantial experience of the financial management of significant budgets, including preparing financial projections, general financial management and reporting.
- Proven expertise of leading in fundraising, seeking and securing new donors, successful proposal writing, management of large and complex grants.
- IT literate (Microsoft and finance packages).
The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.