Lead Recruitment Consultant at Brunel India Pvt Ltd
Views:1294 Applications:267 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Chief Operating Officer - Oil & Gas/EPC Industry (20-25 yrs)
This is an opportunity with a leading US MNC who are into manufacturing of Flaring Systems, Thermal Oxidisers, Vapour Recovery Units and also provide maintenance and associated services.
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
- The COO will oversee the operational processes and strive to optimize the company's operating capabilities, employ strategies to maximize customer satisfaction and manage marketing initiatives.
- Will be responsible for all Projects in India
- Management of all Project Managers and senior site staff
- Client facing and delivery focused
- Lead all departments through all stages of the construction process.
- Be involved in all operational aspects from bid management through to commissioning and client management.
LOCATION OF ROLE : Mumbai
The COO will report to the CEO and work closely to support other functional leaders, leveraging his strong consulting experience and knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry to contribute to driving growth of the company. The incumbent will have worked with leading EPC companies and have a solid background in project controls working on major petrochemical, chemical, power, energy of pharmaceutical schemes. Additionally, the incumbent will build long-term relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, lead significant cross-team initiatives, focus on increasing revenue, delivering profitable margins and building brand awareness.
This position is based in Mumbai Office however it will include domestic and international travel up to 25% or as required.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Mechanical / Chemical Engineering background with overall 18-20 years work experience
- Age Group - 45-50 years
- 3.5 years in a leadership position with a proven experience in Oil & Gas and Petrochemicals or other heavy industries with extensive experience in Operational Excellence or Operational Risk Management.
- Strategic Planning and Commercial acumen
- Should have managed Operations in a mid-sized Process Technology / Engineering company with turnover > 200+ Cr.Operations include overseeing all execution functions like Order Execution, Project Management, procurement, Engineering & Design, Construction, Inspection & Expediting
- Managing Financial issues and P&L accountability on Project Operations including Collections, Cashflow, Customer coordination
- Managing Workshop / Outsourced Fabricators / Vendors
- Should be capable to grow and lead a team of 150 people in various Operations
- Strong in communication and ability to understand global business requirements, particularly in the EPC / LSTK field.
- Strong gas and steam turbine power plant industry experience
- Strong business partnering skills to lead, influence, and drive behavior change without formal authority
- Build and maintain a high performing team with the skills required to excel operational KPIs and rapidly grow business revenues and sustain margins
JOB DESCRIPTION : COO
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Reporting directly to the CEO, the desired candidate will contribute to building the strategic direction and delivery of the global growth objectives; and leading the execution of the strategic plan within Zeeco India.
- Work with HoDs and other senior management team to develop the operating system, governing policies, processes, and procedures for operations of the organization.
- Recruit, lead, motivate, mentor and coach senior management team to develop a high performing organization
- Lead and direct short term and long term resources planning, annual operations budget development
- Establish performance goals, KPIs, responsibility matrix for the operations
- Provide technical directions and guidance, as well as hands-on operations management for all programs.
- Translate the corporate strategy into actional operations plan and execute it.
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and application of MS Project and Primavera (P6) scheduling software, and critical path/critical tasks for a field service
- Understand complex, large maintenance project work scopes and familiar with logical project execution sequences and critical inter-dependencies between engineering, procurement, repairs and field service.
- Implement manufacturing operations strategy in alignment with Company plan and customer needs.
- Create and execute policies and programs to maximize capacity and ensure high quality and low costs.
- Work with leaders from cross functional teams, such as Product Management and Sales to execute on the product roadmap.
- Develop an adaptable organization to handle new technologies and new manufacturing/ engineering processes.
- Set up cost control standards, waste reduction and production processes to maximize manufacturing.
- Monitor, improve productivity and drive continuous improvements for cost reduction
- Create production tracking and quality control systems and analyze productions to determine problems and suggest processing and staffing changes.
- Set up policies in material usage, capacity planning, production methods and employee relations to enhance operation efficiency.
- Interface with Technology, Product Management and Sales/ Marketing to coordinate the production process for the introduction of new products.
- Direct manufacturing engineering efforts to ensure Company facilities and equipment are adequately designed, built and maintained.
- Create strategies to reduce labour cost, reduce scrap, and ensure high quality products.
- Closely coordinate with sourcing and procurement activities and support the negotiations of major procurement contracts to provide proper cost, delivery and quality commitments.
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE :
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Analytical-the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Problem-Solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information skillfully
- Oral Communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Planning/Organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Safety and Security-the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly