Chief Operating Officer - Manufacturing Plant (22-28 yrs)
This is a leadership role for a manufacturing company. The person should have managed multiple manufacturing plants. Should have worked in large companies where turnover is more than Rs 4000 crores.
Qualification - BE/B. Tech (Chemical/Mechanical) from reputed institute
Industry Preference - FMCG/Automobile/Chemical/Pulp & Fibre/ Paper
- Should have worked in reputed large manufacturing units.
- The role integrates process, engineering, quality, projects to deliver on the planned business strategy. The role is largely accountable for creating operational excellence while contributing to the formulation of short term and long-term business strategy.
- It is expected that the role shall create robust processes and also strong performance monitoring and review mechanisms to create a world class manufacturing operations.
- The role shall plan and lead the capacity expansion initiatives along with the technological upgradation required for the plant.
- The role is expected to create a lean and efficient manufacturing organization and build right capability for be a leader in the segment.
- The role has to handle 15 plants and multiple technologies under one cluster.
- The product mix is continuously evolving. It is necessary to dynamically align to the market demand to be able to utilize plant capacities and also achieve the targeted revenues
- There is a great deal of coordination to be done between processes. Decisions need to be based on the impact on the entire eco-system and trade-offs needs to be evaluated on a regular basis
- Since the labour situation is volatile, shopfloor labour issues need to be smartly dealt with on a routine basis to avoid any unrest and escalations while also ensuring suitable action on the lapses.
The role will need to liaison with various government bodies for managing environment compliances. Any lapse in emission norms invites immediate attention as the plant has dense population in the surrounding areas.
Accountability Supporting Actions :
1. Formulate and implement short term and long-term strategy to achieve organizational goals of growth, sustenance and profit maximization
- Participate in formulation of the vision, long-term strategy and plans of the company
- Participate as a member of top management in all initiatives across the company and in employee communication
- Work closely with the CEO and C-level executives to direct and implement effective business strategies and organizational structures
- Work with the CEO to plan financial milestones, manage budgets, allocate capital and ensure adherence to set targets
2. Drive operational excellence by overseeing the execution of functions, systems, processes and procedures and leading corrective measures as necessary
- Drive systematic planning & budgeting process for superior execution planning and hold periodic business reviews
- Set comprehensive goals for business growth and success
- Controlling company costs, and introducing tactical initiatives to address issues impacting costs
- Maintain relationships with key partners and vendors
- Solve any inter departmental issues that arise before any problems hamper the daily working
3. Drive continuous upgradation of product and process quality standards to deliver consistent quality and drive customer delight
- Develop quality guidelines, systems and processes that align the organization with the customer satisfaction targets
- Ensure establishment and monitoring of a Quality Management System/ Method Statements & Manuals
- Identify opportunities for improvement in quality through use of better equipment, improved work practices/techniques and new materials/technology
- Review QMS and recommend suggestions for improvement to top management
4. Plan for capacity expansions and technology upgradation and lead timely implementation of the projects
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Prepare CAPEX plans that help expand capacities in line with the planned growth in the target segments
- Participate in technology decisions and finalization of implementation partners for project execution and monitor the project milestone achievements
5. Develop systems, process and guidelines for safety and statutory compliance to ensure safe work practices
- Develop annual EHS strategy and conceptualize the approach to institutionalization of safety
- Develop annual safety & health objectives, improvement plan and track the implementation
- Ensure alignment with the environment compliances and processes & technology are aligned
6. Providing reports on financials and growth metrics and data driven analytics to the CEO for improved decision making
- Providing reports on financials and growth metrics and data driven analytics to the CEO for improved decision making
- Drive usage of technology for information gathering and processing
- Use data analytics to provide insights and aid superior decision making in the organization
7. People Management
- Plan the organization design & structure that best delivers on the planned strategy
- Work with the HR leadership to ensure manpower availability
- Ensure the culture and policies are aligned to the group
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.