Chief Operating Officer - Kitchen Manufacturer (10-15 yrs)
Our client is a nearly 80 year old firm that is counted in the top 10 European Kitchen manufacturers. They provide customised kitchens which fits the budget and also is an epitome of quality. Their wide range of materials and equipment not just meets the standard and warranty needs, but also is a clever combination of design, uniqueness and finish.
Built in the heart of Holland, their markets are spread across Europe and Asia. They make nearly 2500 kitchens per week to suit various requirements and distributed to multiple locations in the UK, Dubai and other countries. They cater to not only residential styles but also to industrial kitchens.
As a COO, you will be responsible for branding the company in the market and develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
What you will do:
- Providing the vision, leadership and strategic direction that the business needs to achieve its goals, and collaborating with the management team to execute the goals and achieve the mission and vision of the organization
- Overseeing company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Planning, developing and implementing strategies for generating resources and/ or revenues for the company.
- Identifying acquisition and merger opportunities and directing implementation activities.
- Implementing the company's operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Maintaining leadership accountability for all plans (both strategic and tactical) that ultimately result in growing share, volume, profit to meet and exceed set goals.
- Reviewing activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Evaluating performance of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Building a fundraising network using personal contacts, direct mail, special events, and foundation support.
- Leading the company planning and policy-making committees.
- Building a strong winning culture, leading change and building capability in the organization; as well as, managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Being responsible for all operational activities, organization and market growth. The scope of the role encompasses supply chain forecasting to selling and distribution, finance P&L, infrastructure development, integration of businesses and organization development.
- Making recommendations on long term strategies for business growth.
- Planning, directing and controlling activities of the business to accomplish budgeted financial objectives in terms of cash, operating profit, economic profit, ROIC and volume targets.
What you need to have:
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Excellent understanding of logistics, import handling and government regulations regarding international trade.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/ operation metrics
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Minimum 10 yrs exp in operations and some background of Furniture/ Interiors/ related industry
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.