Chief Operating Officer/CEO - EdTech Startup (8-12 yrs)
- An established education company is looking to build and grow an edtech startup on a similar line --this is well funded startup with marquee investors.
- The company is looking to hire a CEO for steering the growth of the company. Please do note the role is based out of Kolkata and thus only those with a keen interest to be based out of Kolkata will be considered for this.
- The CEO is responsible for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the organisation and will closely coordinate and work with the Board of Directors (BOD) and senior leadership team.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Develop sound business strategies alongside the founders, keeping in mind the short-term and long-term goals of the business.
2. Plan, develop, implement and direct the organization's operational and fiscal function and performance.
3. Guide the Marketing team on design, marketing, and promotion of programs.
4. Work alongside the finance leadership team by providing accurate analysis of budgets, reports and making necessary adjustments to ensure performance meets forecasts.
5. Evaluate strategic investment opportunities & potential M&A to help unlock value for the company.
6. Evaluate company's financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies.
7. Ensure the company is staffed with well-trained, quality, and engaged employees at all times; works closely with the executive management team to develop effective hiring, training, and compensation plans to retain quality talent
8. Represent the company in conferences, community events, industry training events, etc
To fit the bill, you must have :
Either led and edtech startup as a COO/CEO and led it to scale or a B2C Startup.
You must have:
1. An Engineer and MBA would be preferred
2. 8-12 years of industry experience of which minimum 4 years in the top management level, with some experience in an Ed-tech organization (in a founder or a top management capacity).
3. Full understanding of P&L and managing and scaling business
If you are keen and fit the bill, please do share a cover note on how you fit the bill and your interest.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.