Senior Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:978 Applications:246 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Chief Operating Officer - Automotive (15-25 yrs)
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer Job Grade: COO
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Overall Purpose of the job
1) Lead the two plant operations to ensure efficient and effective day to day operations of the Company to fast track a quick ramp up ( 3 years) & deliver on defined targets.
2) To facilitate the growth plans, advanced discussions are ongoing with new investors for funds.
3) The position will serve as a liaison between Department Heads and Senior Leadership including Management Committee which will comprise of current promoters and the representatives of the proposed investors.
Main Activities/ Tasks
Overall responsibility of operations comprising the following functions:
- Production comprising Press shop, Machine shop, Heat treatment and assembly.
- Quality comprising Plant QA, Meteorological lab, Incoming Quality & Supplier Quality.
- Manufacturing Engineering, Process engineering, Tool Room.
- Capacity Planning including Projects & Capex,
- Purchase Function comprising Strategic Sourcing, ADD, SCM, Stores & Inbound and Out bound logistics.
- Plant HR/IR, PPC, Maintenance .
Desirable Profile of Potential Candidates :
1) Currently No 2 in a tier 1 supplier company handling a turnover between 1000 - 2000 crores.
2) Production experience in early part of the career in Press shop (300-1500 tons), Tool room, Heat treatment of pressed parts, Assembly operations & Machine shop.
3) Has Overseen Quality/ Projects/ ME & Industrial Engineering, Plant HR & IR in later part of career.
4) Modern Management Techniques: Lead & Implemented one or more projects in areas of TQM/ 5S/ 6 Sigma/ Lean/ Policy Deployment.
5) Varied experience of working in professional & family owned companies.
6) Age 43- 48 Years
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of dynamics of auto components business, sharp focus on efficient resource utilization, eyes for details, analytical skills, operational excellence, ability to conceptualize and create plans and translate strategy into action. Leadership style should encourage team development, Diversity management, Customer Centrality, result orientation and innovation.
- Understanding of key Financial numbers & experience in leveraging best HR practices for building a high Performance organization.
Education, Qualification & Special Training :
- B. E (Mechanical/Production/ Auto).
- Post graduate In Business Management Desirable