Chief Officer - Environment/Social & Governance - Pharma Distribution Firm (5-10 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Formulate ESG business strategy and drive ESG initiatives. The initiatives could include between others: Business Social Compliance Initiatives, improving social performance in Global Supply Chain based on different principles of code of conduct. These range from inclusivity to no child labor, along with a step-by-step approach that enables the company to monitor and engage.
- Business Environmental Performance Initiative, covering a comprehensive scope of different environmental performance areas ranging from energy use and to recyclable packaging with a clear approach that enables the company to drive continuous improvement through supply chain mapping and analysis, improvement work and progress monitoring.
- Build and maintain data that reflect our materiality matrix for the purpose of evaluating how to differentiate our ESG program and performance. This includes identifying ESG key performance indicators that have proven to be most impactful and enhance integration into program framework
- Use information from data vendors and our own research to analyze, score, rate and rank our ESG performance. Establish ESG standards across the group.
- Seek and evaluate sources of information regarding the environmental, social and governance policies (including science-based targets) and performance of corporations and other issuers of securities
- Develop expertise within industry sectors and relevant peer groups of companies
- Engage with external stakeholders to help develop strong ESG programs.
- Benchmark corporate peers, competitors, and relevant industry on key ESG, trends, and best practices in areas such as sustainability reporting and third-party disclosure
- Ensure the companies activities comply with relevant legislation, good business practice and ethical standards;
- Develop and grow a suitable pool of talent for succession planning purposes
- Ensure the safety of people through the implementation of safe working practices and new technologies that protect our people.
Candidate profile :
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in the area of sustainability
- A passion for ESG and determination to "do the right thing because it is the right thing to do"
- Relevant educational qualifications in a related field (eg. finance, economics, environmental management)
- Project management experience, strong cross-functional knowledge and project management leadership required (including managing of multiple projects simultaneously)
- Change management experience.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output
- Very high level of analytical problem-solving skills where problems are very complex
- Experience and strong skill in group/team facilitation
- High level of enthusiasm, persistence, leadership ability, initiative, and experienced judgment to identify priorities, initiate projects, and complete activities in a timely fashion
- Media/PR experience
- Experience in interacting directly with a broad group of external stakeholders, policymakers and investors.
- Charismatic, strong influencer, innovative mindset and a true passion for the ESG subject
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Hands-on / pragmatic / "can-do" mentality.
- Experience with working in fast-paced environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.