Co-Founder at Women Entrepreneur Network
Views:411 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Chief of Staff - Defence Services Background (18-21 yrs)
Job description :
Roles of a chief of staff
1. Serving as strategic advisor and counsel to leader.
2. Assuming day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks
3. Creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success.
1. Strategic Partner - A chief of staff is always there for the leader she works with. She is a trusted adviser who can be called on at any moment to provide support. This work includes: Internal and external communications
Interacting with Board of Directors
2. Expands a Teams Bandwidth and Resources - The right chief of staff has the skill and experience to integrate themselves into an organization quickly and assess issues that serve as barriers to a team or organization operating at maximum effectiveness. By taking on day-to-day tasks, an effective Chief of Staff is building a level of trust with her leader and enabling her boss to focus on larger strategic organizational initiatives. These daily tasks may include:
- Meeting preparation
- Strategic lead on high-profile projects
- Hiring of key personnel
3. Relationship Builder - A chief of staff must be well connected with those reporting into a leader and others across the organization to influence outcomes. This cross-functional perspective not only helps garner support for the leadership team, but also fosters long-term partnerships that are critical to organizational success.
Direct Support of the MD or CEO
- Setting a leaders strategic priorities: Helping a leader identify the areas where they must direct their focus and identifying metrics for success. Revisiting regularly and evaluating progress.
- Strategically managing a leaders time: working with assistant, looking at long term travel calendar, evaluating opportunities and determining fit with priorities.
- Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the leader has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary.
- Reviewing Internal and External Communications: drafting company newsletters, reports, pitch decks, speeches or presentations for the MD or CEO.
- Monitoring information flow: Sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring a MD or CEOs involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
Meeting & Event Preparation
- Managing the meeting cadence for the board of directors and leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
- Planning and leading company retreats, stepbacks, and other special events.
- Overseeing large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives.
- Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions.
- Researching, benchmarking, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Leading annual strategic planning for the company.
- Creating & updating dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
Position Experience and Qualification:
- Post Graduation in business management from tier 1 business school with atleast 1-2 years of relevant of work experience.
Prior experience serving defence services is highly preferred.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.