Chief of Staff - CEO's Office - Clean Energy Startup (3-6 yrs)
Chief of Staff CEO's Office - Clean Energy Start-Up - 5 years - MBA
- Unlocking financial value for the organisation by mobilizing clever and innovative climate finance towards energy efficiency
- Mapping out organizations and people who have pools of capital that they need/want to use to promote energy efficiency, sustainable cooling, entrepreneurship, local innovation, digitalization and other realms of work relevant to the organisation.
- Relationship building with climate change investors and donors nationally and internationally.
- Effectively communicating and showcasing organisations' leadership, innovation, achievements and potential.
- Co-creating strategies and programs to mobilize the available capital (long-term debt, risk guarantees, grants, partnerships, insurance and other support) and resources.
- Writing grant proposals and award applications in response to already available opportunities.
Business Operations :
- Auditing organisation key processes to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Standardization and Automation of workflows and processes
- Designing and implementing immediate measures to make key processes successfully followed
- Lead conceptualization, design, execution and success of an ERP (including building/buying decisions) to automate and bring visibility to key processes
- Helping team leads and team members prepare materials for internal and external communication
- Growth-focused RD&D on new business models, technologies, partners, collaborators, etc.
- Identifying the need for collaboration across teams and enabling the same
- Helping teams scale their internal systems and processes
- Organizing regular thought leadership forums (once per month) with relevant industry leaders
- Organizing and anchoring all-company meetings
- Initiating and leading special projects
- Measure what matters top 5 metrics for each team
- Taking ownership over preparation and dissemination of high-quality and consistent company collaterals (decks, presentations, white papers, case studies, etc.) for key audiences (internal, clients, investors, lenders, etc.).
- Enabling top talent in the organisation to showcase their expertise to internal and external audiences through thought leadership pieces (written materials, spotlight videos, etc.).
- Helping policymakers, government agencies, non-profits, media and other relevant industry players imagine and implement ways to support the growth of the energy efficiency industry
- Writing concept notes to communicate pain points and implementable solutions.
- Collaborating with other energy efficiency companies and industry bodies to get the right information to the right ears.
- Persistently following up till the job is done.
Investor Relations :
- Ensuring the organisation's investors are continuously updated about the organisation's progress and needs.
- Soliciting and winning support from our investor base in their areas of strength (for instance, ADB can help with finance and visibility, Mr. Upendra Bhatt can provide industry connections, Dabur can help with project finance and top-level industry connects, etc. etc.)
- Owning the diversity agenda for the organisation including defining objectives, crafting strategies and enlisting support from teammates for effective execution
- Making the workplace more vibrant and fun
- Making meaningful contributions towards enhancing the soft skills of our teammates
- You find our Mission and Vision motivating
- Your experiences show that you are aligned with our Core Values
- 3+ years of diverse experience across finance, operations, business development, preferably including startup experience
- Ability to effectively communicate complex business and technical topics with technicians, engineers, managers and leaders alike
- Superior negotiation and people skills
- A consulting background having worked with many large and small companies would be good. A stint with a startup would be ideal.
- Superior performance and results delivered in your career thus far, and a hunger to take up the next challenge
- Curiosity and proven ability to learn quickly
What We Offer :
- A chance to work with a high-performance and highly passionate team that is united by our Core Values and single-mindedly pursuing our Mission to eliminate energy waste
- The greatest learning opportunity of your career
- Competitive Compensation + Performance-Linked Bonus + ESOPs