Vice President - Human Capital at Matrix Partners India
Views:2382 Applications:592 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:161
Chief Marketing Officer - FMCG (6-12 yrs)
Chief Marketing Officer - Open Secret ( Matrix Backed Portfolio)
About Open Secret:
Open Secret is a brand with a vision to make every Indian family snack better. Powered by a strong operating team of strategists and marketers from Harvard Business School, IIM, and IIT with 40+ years of collective FMCG experience and backed by the strongest set of mentors - Matrix, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal, and Vivek Gambhir.
The goal is to become the most preferred snacking brand for families by un-junking their favourite snacks. Open Secret is currently available through their website at https://opensecret.in, multiple ecommerce platforms, and across offline stores Pan India where they sell their entire range of un-junked snacks including; Nutty Cookies, Nutty Chips, Flavoured Nuts, Nutty Shake Mixes and Nutty Spreads.
About the CEO and Co-Founder :
Ahana Gautam is an experienced operator with a passion to build and grow the biggest consumer
brands in India. She has a B.Tech from IIT Bombay and an MBA from Harvard Business School. She started her career at P&G where she worked across multiple functions - supply chain, finance and marketing. Ahana grew her passion for food brands at General Mills in the US where she launched natural and organic products.
Job brief :
We are looking for an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to oversee all marketing operations of the company and develop its marketing strategy and vision. You will be in charge of a team of enthusiastic marketing professionals and will direct our marketing efforts towards great success.
An excellent CMO is passionate for their profession and have great knowledge for all things marketing. They can balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen and lead people through complex marketing operations.
The goal is to ensure the company's marketing efforts are successful in helping it outperform competition.
- "Listen" to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company
- Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution etc. that meets market demands
- End to end management of performance marketing activity across Paid Social channels (Google / Facebook), including creating a strong performance marketing strategy & execution plan
- Managing campaigns across digital channels to drive strong return on investment and efficient CAC
- Define the content strategy, ensure Organisation's editorial calendar is always up-to-date and develope quality content for our blog.
- Identifying and testing evolving channels
- Strong with data, analytics & result oriented
- Deliver on the email marketing strategy and analyse the effectiveness of each marketing campaign via reporting on SEO, digital reach and acquisition channels.
- Define marketing strategies to support the company's overall strategies and objectives
- Develop a feasible marketing plan for the department and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company's unique "voice"
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
Required skills and experience for the role:
- Proven experience as chief marketing officer or similar role
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Deep knowledge of the FoodTech ecosystem and its innovation ecosystem
- Recent and direct experience in digital/performance marketing
- Self-started with an obsession for campaign optimization and continuous improvement
- Superior attention to details, organizational skills, and a positive, energetic attitude
So you know what we need, now a little more about who you are:
- Organized, numeric and systematic in all of your work
- You're excited by new challenges every day
- You're a self-starter who can deliver with minimum guidance and support
- You're passionate about FoodTech, food innovation, food &beverage-related startups, and obsessed about the latest FoodTech developments