Co-Founder & Business Head at Peopleton Solutions
Views:2189 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Chief Manager - Legal - LLB/LLM - Insurance (16-25 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
- Involvement in dealing with day to day corporate/strategic advisory, drafting and negotiating high value and complex contracts for procurement of technology and services from blue chip companies, software licensing, data center outsourcing, vendor contracts pertaining to marketing, back end services, search consultants, housekeeping and security services, claim investigation, training and content development, analytics and audit services from Big 4.
- Support business in all employee related issues including but not limited to employee benefits, employee policies, performance management issues and matters relating to employee discipline and termination including but not limited to complaints falling under the Act related to the Prevention of Sexual Harassment .
- Partner with the internal stakeholders and vendors for the smooth and speedy functioning of the digital journey of the organization - outsourcing contracts, contracts related to insurance repositories, contracts with credit rating agencies eg CIBIL, Experian etc, contracts with government agencies eg. UIDAI, NSDL etc.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks review of HR files wherein disciplinary proceeding has been initiated and raising the red flag in cases that are weak on merits thereby saving the organization and management from potential litigation, review the contracts and amend them in order to make them compliant with the latest statutory regulations, guidelines and amendments.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and settling legal and transactional documents and agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Undertake research activities to provide inputs on complex legal issues involving regulations pertaining to TRAI, RBI, IRDAI etc .
- Association of trust with key stakeholders by providing opinions and inputs that are business friendly having minimal legal risk.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any opinion or course of action after taking into account the current applicable laws and regulations, fines and penalties imposed by the regulator and competition check.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors - pro active dissemination of the statutory updates by clearly capturing the changes from the existing policies, creating a smooth platform for internal stake holder's readiness to adopt the same without any surprise.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management including advice on regulatory compliance pertaining to agency, third party distribution, IT, HR and operations.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically by keeping abreast with various legislative proposals (Bills) that are about to be introduced into the Parliament, dissemination of the information pertaining to legislative proposals having direct bearing on the organization eg Labour Laws, Insurance Act, The Consumer Protection Bill, 2015 etc , interpreting adverse orders passed by various courts, fora and regulator and application of the learning in opinions provided to the stakeholders and processes.
- Tendering decision based on ethics and integrity and not to succumb to decision making under duress - clearly putting across the merits and demerits of the process, having adverse legal implications, before the stakeholder.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations as well as adherence to internal policies and procedures while tendering opinion to the internal stakeholders.
- Develop effective relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders, business associates and other function groups by conducting training and meetings on critical issues, including but not limited to Related Party Transactions, for a better understanding and alignment.
- Coordinate and liaison with external counsel in case any matter/ assignment is referred to them.
- Draft Power of Attorney as per the board requirement.
Desired experience :
- LL.B/LL.M from a leading University in India and a work experience of 16 years in corporate legal department including 5 years of pure litigation experience in various courts and fora.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.