Managing Partner at Antal International
Views:716 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Chief Manager/AVP - Legal - Asset Management Startup/Real Estate - LLB/LLM (6-18 yrs)
Our client is a funded start-up in Asset Management business, and will be regulated by SEBI. The company focusses on financialisation of real estate. With the core focus on providing services that will re-fuel developer projects, that are funded by financial institutions, and have turned into stressed assets for the financial institutions. The company brings in resources across financial, technical and legal expertise to assist financial institutions, that have funded such projects, to be able to revitalise their investments and, wherever possible, revive the project.
The company is looking for a Chief Manager - Legal to manage all legal aspects pertaining to the core business. Broadly:
- Manage stakeholder arrangements with Capital Providers, the Company and Developers
- Legal structuring of transactions, finalization of legal terms, review & finalization of title diligence, documentation, negotiations and ensuring compliance with various government authorities, escrow arrangements, execution, closing and post-closing activities
- Preparation of Due diligence reports and drafting of documents relating to project financing
- Knowledge of Real Estate Laws especially relating to Mumbai & Pune, SEBI Regulations, RBI Regulations relating to Real estate sector
- Advising on queries relating to Companies Act, Stamp duty laws, cognizant with intricacies of federal, state and local taxes and taxing regulations;
- Assisting in NCLT driven matters
The role reports into the SVP - Legal and is based out of the company's headquarters in Mumbai.
The candidate needs to be a Graduate / Post Graduate in Law with at least 6 years of experience in Real Estate or with an Asset Reconstruction company focussed on Real Estate Industry. The candidate must have significant work experience in Mumbai and/or Pune Real Estate.
Compensation will not be a constraint for the right candidate.