Chief Manager/AVP - Indirect Tax - Bank (4-9 yrs)
Given below the position details with a Leading Bank.
Job Title: Chief Manager/AVP - Indirect taxes
Location - BKC Mumbai
Qualification - CA
1. Overall compliance of indirect taxes which broadly includes the following:
- Verification of GST data on outward supply, reverse charge etc., to be filed with GST Authorities through the GST returns
- Reconciliation of taxable value vis a vis tax liability as per the GST returns with the income and GST liability accounted in books of accounts. To put in place proper system in this regard
- Reconciliation of input tax credit in the books vis-- -vis filed by the vendors
- Accounting guidance for GST liability and input tax credit
2. GST and Service Tax - Litigation
- Attending to communications received from GST Authorities.
- Attending the proceedings initiated by GST Authorities on enquiries, show cause notices, summons, appeals etc.,
- Filing of Appeals before Appellate Authorities in consultation with Tax Consultants.
- Attending to appellate proceedings along with GST Consultant of the Bank.
3. Co-ordination with PDG / IT Team etc., for system design
- Develop systems and reports for the purpose of GST reporting and reconciliation
- Change systems to give effect to change in law
4. Advisory services
- Attending to day-to-day queries pertaining to indirect taxes
- Issue guidelines to the branches / offices on instructions/ clarification/amendments issued by the Government / GST Authorities
- Support in statutory and tax audits vis-a-vis indirect tax compliances