Manager - Recruitment at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:806 Applications:259 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Chief Human Resource Officer - NGO (15-20 yrs)
1. POSITION VACANT: Chief Human Resource Officer, SOS Children's Villages of India (SOSCVI), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Founded in 1949 in Austria, SOS Children's Villages began its operations in India in 1964. Registered as an independent, non-governmental and not-for-profit, society, SOS Children's Villages of India (SOSCVI), works for the holistic development of parentless children, women and children belonging to vulnerable families.
SOSCVI works with children, communities, disaster struck and disaster-prone areas, giving hope to weary communities and families. The organization is committed to the welfare of parentless and abandoned children and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect.
SOSCVI has reached out to over 54,000+ children over the past 50 years, through more than 105 different programs implemented in 22 states/ Union Territories, across the country. It is the largest operation within the SOS International Federation of 134 countries.
Family Like Care
Short Stay Homes
Special Needs Childcare
Education & Youth Skilling
The organisation has fostered four generations of parentless and abandoned children and enabled them to lead constructive lives. The children are provided an identity, a family to call their own, and most importantly, a life that has set examples for others to grow up to become active and contributing members of society.
SOSCVI also provides support to vulnerable families as a part of its Family Strengthening Programme. The programme helps biological parents, under trying conditions, to strengthen their capacities as caregivers and contain the abandonment of children by their families.
The organisation has also been a first responder, each time a natural or man-made disaster has struck India, providing active assistance and initiating relief operations and activities, with central importance being given to affected children.
SOSCVI recognizes the need for substantial internal change as it gears up to address the evolving needs of parentless and abandoned children in India in the 2030s. The organization shall be pursuing modified strategies and approaches and updating its service offerings via its basket of care services, as well. SOSCVI has already embarked on a large organizational change initiative to address the above and steering this complex exercise and its multiple components, shall be a key responsibility for the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO).
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CHRO is a part of the senior management team and reports to the CEO. The purpose and objective, key accountabilities and detailed job responsibilities for the position are discussed in subsequent paragraphs.
Purpose and Objective:
(1) Aligning HR strategies with organizational goals.
(2) Putting in place systems and processes for creating a professional work culture and to attract the best talent, so as to enable the accomplishment of strategy 2030 goals.
(3) Developing leadership, succession planning and people capabilities for enabling organizational objectives and effectiveness
(4) Overseeing management of the admin function, with emphasis on common administrative services provided to the organization.
(1) Organizational Development: Influencing the strategic direction of the organization, managing change, transforming culture and systems, ensuring healthy inter-unit relationships.
(2) HR Systems and Processes: Instituting robust systems and processes in the HR function, with emphasis on increased automation, enabling the tracking of key HR metrics and improved people management.
(3) Career Development: Mobilizing the skills and talents of individuals for success, ensuring personal growth, motivation and building change resilience.
(4) Learning and Development: Developing the key competencies that enable individuals to perform current or future roles.
(5) Performance Management: Establishing a performance-based culture, linking individual results to organizational goals.
(6) Common Administrative Services and Compliances: Overseeing the management of common administrative services provided to the organization; Ensuring full compliance with all legal and statutory compliances, as applicable.
(1) Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/ practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions (C&B), contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development, performance appraisals, and quality management issues);
(2) Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development;
(3) Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales;
(4) Manage and develop direct reporting staff;
(5) Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets;
(6) Liaise with other functional/ departmental heads to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements;
(7) Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary HR development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organization;
(8) Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in coordination with the executive team;
(9) Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care;
(10) Implementation of the global HR policy framework built around the organization's core mission, values and strategies;
(11) Develop a performance management culture within the organization aligning with organizational goals and building structures, systems and processes to ensure consistency;
(12) Drive and successfully execute the organisation's plans to comprehensively automate people management processes, ensuring informed and improved decision-making for implementing key strategies and practices, in the areas of inclusion, culture, engagement, productivity, performance, etc.;
(13) Facilitate organizational learning and good practice sharing, international exchange programs with an aim to enhance performance at all levels;
(14) Responsible for determining, planning, coordinating and implementing staff training and development programs systematically;
(15) Responsible for creating systems to analyze training impact;
(16) Build and retain an internal pool of development professionals and build secession planning;
(17) Responsible for managing HR research, HR audit, e-learning initiatives, international talent pools, etc.
(18) Serve as a member of the National Child Protection Team and ensure compliance with prescribed processes;
(19) Serve on the senior management team and attend meetings and conferences, ensuring organizational needs and concerns are appropriately represented;
(20) Responsible for monitoring changes in laws, regulations and technology that may affect the organization's operations; Implement policy and procedural changes as required from time to time;
(21) Ensure compliance with the organization's Code of Conduct;
(22) Ensure strict adherence to Employment and Statutory Laws prevailing in the country, including POSH;
(23) Responsible for implementation of a strong disciplinary and legal follow-up system;
(24) Oversee the budgeting and deployment of organizational fixed assets and ensure their proper utilization;
(25) Manage common administrative services provided to the organization, ensuring that these are cost effective and align with quality expectations.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification and Experience
(1) Post-graduate in business admin HR or Social work with specialisation in HR from a reputed institution;
(2) About 15 years of experience in HR;
(3) At least seven years of prior experience in leading the HR function in a medium size organisation (1000 employees);
(4) Experience of implementing people management systems, processes and practices (with emphasis on increased automation), for reputed and well-managed organizations;
(5) Experience with INGOs shall be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
(1) Good communication skills;
(2) High proficiency in English language is required; Exposure to one or more regional languages shall be an advantage;
(3) Proven people management skills;
(4) Computer skills;
(5) Strong HR systems orientation, with the ability to successfully lead projects for the successful automation of people management processes;
(6) Willingness and ability to undertake regular travel to program locations, as necessary.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive and in alignment with salaries paid by leading I/NGOs for leadership roles. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi.
7. REFERENCE: CHRO-SOSCVI
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612