Views:6208 Applications:508 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Chief Financial Officer - SME Lending/Funding/Investments Firm (15-20 yrs)
CFO - FME Lending/Funding/Investments
- The CFO is a key member of the senior management team reporting to the Managing Director.
- The CFO shall have the primary responsibility of supervising the financial, accounting, audit and fiscal aspects of the operations of the Organization and the coordination of the supporting information systems and financial controls.
- The role involves, executing the financial strategy of the Organization, manage finance control and accounting procedures, ensuring full transparency over the financial performance of various business verticals, advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs, effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner, maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments, Coordinate and produce all tax documents as required, propose actions to ensure that annual financial objectives are met, support the Management team in preparation of monthly and annual financial plans and review mechanism.
1. Assist the MD in developing, for the Board's approval, a strategic direction and positioning to ensure the Organization's success.
2. Together with the MD and the Chief Operating Officer, develop and recommend to the Board an annual operating plan and financial budget that support the Organization's long term strategy;
3. Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial controls and supporting information systems of the Organization;
4. Together with the MD, approve and coordinate changes and improvements to disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting;
5. Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and take steps to enhance, where necessary, the internal control systems within the Organization;
6. Keep the Board aware of the financial position and financial development of the Organization;
7. Develop appropriate key performance indicators to monitor and drive the financial performance of the Organization;
8. Ensure proper training of all personnel working on financial, accounting, audit or fiscal matters;
9. Oversee and monitor the Organization's financial position, banking and financing activities and capital structure and monitor the respect of banking and financial covenants and hedging arrangements, as applicable;
10. Ensure the adequacy of the Organization's insurance coverage;
11. Oversee and monitor effective tax strategies and compliance for the Organization;
12. Oversee and monitor information technology, leaseholds and procurement;
13. Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for the CFO position and other senior executives of the Organization reporting to the CFO;
14. Coordinate the preparation of the Organization's financial statements and management discussion and analysis (annual and interim);
15. Review and approve, in consultation with the Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, the Organization's annual and interim earnings releases, financial statements and management discussion and analysis;
16. Certify documents as required under securities laws;
17. Oversee the mandate and the work of the internal auditor of the Organization;
18. Coordinate the annual audit (and any special or non-recurring audit) with the Organization's external auditors;
19. Coordinate the review, and liaise with the external auditors as required, of all financial information disclosed in any offering documents of the Organization;
20. Communicate transparently and collaborate to the fullest extent possible with the Organization's external auditors;
21. Oversee the Organization's processes for identifying, assessing and managing the principal risks of the Organization's business;
22. Assist the Organization's Audit Committee in performing its duties required under the applicable securities laws and the Audit Committee Charter;
23. Attend meetings of the Board and its Committees and present the financial information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee for discharging its duties;
24. Ensure the information communicated to the public fairly portrays the position of the Organization;
25. Represent the Organization in a way that enhances and maintains the Organization's reputation;
26. Establish and maintain lines of communications with the investor community and oversee the dissemination of the Organization's press releases, annual report, communications with analysts and the media and investor relations; and
27. Perform other functions related to the office of the CFO or as may be reasonably requested by the Organization's MD or Board.
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related (MBA preferred), Professional : CA
- 15+ years experience in a Senior Financial Managerial position.
- Advanced computer skills (SAP, MS Office, Analytical tools).
- Exposure to Manufacturing / Service Industry Operations.
- Exceptional Communication and people skills.
- Result oriented, Planner and Strategic Thinker.
- Forecasting, Dealing with Complexity, Collaboration
- Project management, Analytics, Techno savvy
- Capital raising, Short term funds, Cash management, Foreign exchange management
- Cost control, Risk management, Total cost Management, Internal audit & control
- Investor relations, JVs, M&A, Corporate Tax management, Treasury management