Leader at HeadSpace HR
Views:9993 Applications:1281 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:607
Chief Financial Officer - Construction/Infrastructure (15-25 yrs)
Job Description :
- As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will serve as a credible, knowledgeable and trusted resource to the CEO and other senior leaders. This position is a hands-on and quality-focused financial executive with the experience that combines sound financial leadership with proven business effectiveness.
- The CFO is responsible for the financial management of the organization to include budget analysis and management, financial modeling and reporting, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, accounting and treasury operations, mergers & acquisitions and investment strategies.
- The CFO will offer quality, meaningful analyses, and financial perspectives necessary for corporate decisions and strategic planning. In addition to providing financial leadership, this position will be responsible for the administration, planning, forecasting and analysis of the financial risk based models related to new products or lines of business.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions :
- Partner with the CEO and other senior leaders on operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Develop and promote a framework to drive financial acumen and accountability across the organization; provide timely and meaningful analyses and reporting to operational leaders.
- Oversees all financial transactions, including billing, finance, accounting and reporting.
- Prepare materials and present, as necessary, financial information to Board of Directors or other committees. Prepare and communicate monthly and financial statements.
- Collaborate with CEO and other leaders on developing the operating budget. Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial forecasting.
- Lead and coordinate an integrated financial planning process which includes inputs from sales, product, clinical, actuarial and operational expense units.
- Develop and maintain appropriate product level models to ensure adequate pricing coverage and enhance decision making.
- Provide financial discipline and business decision support to evaluate long term and short term strategic business opportunities.
- Responsible for oversight of financial internal controls and coordination of all financial audits.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within general accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduce operating costs, and increase revenues. Maintain general ledger structure, chart of accounts, policies and procedures to enable financial statement preparation and compliance with all required financial audits.
- Maintain external relationships with banks, auditors, and third party vendors.
- Establish efficient workflows and business processes to meet the need of financial information of multiple internal and external stakeholders
Competencies and Minimum Requirements :
Knowledge, skills, and qualifications :
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Ability to communicate at an Executive level
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team context
- Skilled in financial modeling
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Personal attributes
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail imperative
- Ability to think outside the box and provide solutions
- Ability to work under pressure - deadline driven
- Time management skills