Partner & Head - Tax & Finance Search Practice at Vahura
Views:660 Applications:189 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Chief Financial Officer - BFS (15-30 yrs)
Chief Financial Officer with prior fund raising experience
Our client, a rapidly growing finance company is looking for a CFO to join the leadership team and take on the responsibility managing the capital stack as well as the financial reporting around it. Vahura, India's leading governance recruitment and consulting firm has been retained by this client for this search.
The person would be responsible for financial planning and analysis, fund raising (debt and equity), asset-liability management, company audits, compliance and bank relationships. She/ he would bring a strong background in finance and management and would have raised capital in the past.
The ideal candidate is someone who is outcome oriented and looking to be part of a young finance institution that is beginning to make waves.
The role envisages managing and building a team that delivers the following:
1. Engaging in fund raising and managing investor due diligence
- Build a low-cost liability stack through various routes and instruments such as term loans, NCDs, Co-origination, Co-lending loans, Refinance and to raise debt
- Engage equity investors during capital raises
2. Financial management and capital planning
- Forecast short-term and long-term capital needs, and balance Asset-Liability management (ALM)
3. Drive process and efficiency of systems, that support the digital-led lending that the company provides
- Ensure up-to-date tracking of business indicators
- Drive automation and use of digital tools
- Oversee book-keeping
4. Ensure tax, regulatory and financial compliance
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulators and ensure timely filings of the company's financial affairs, including annual reports across multiple jurisdictions and corporate tax returns (GST, RBI, Mauritius, etc.)
- Lead the preparation of annual accounts and other reporting requirements
You are looking to join a young firm and have the boundless energy needed to scale a growing venture. You bring entrepreneurial gumption, a hands-on approach, and a clear communication style.
You must have
- An MBA/CA with 15+ years of experience in financial /fund raising roles in HFCs, NBFCs, Banks and/or I-banks
- Experience working in high growth environment with proven ability to partner with other leaders in the team to deliver revenue growth
- Ability to manage big picture thinking as well as be able to get hands-on. Experience in strategy definition and execution, shareholder and bank relations, debt and equity fund raising, debt refinancing, reporting, budget & control, tax, change management, systems development, restructuring and risk management
- Strong team management and inter-personal skills
New Delhi, India