Director at Ideal Placement & Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Views:4051 Applications:250 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Chief Executive Officer - Small Business Innovation & Research (20-25 yrs)
Position: CEO, India - Small Business Innovation and Research (SBIR)
Profile: A senior leader and technologist; very strong in execution and with some exposure to SBIR (USA).
Likely fund: size to begin with: 200 crores
Likely areas of deployment: Defence, Clean energy, Agri & food, Biotech etc
- At least 20 years of experience in the above areas with an additional focus on strong execution.
- Excellent writer, presenter, communicator; and passionate about social change
- Develop and deploy the SBIR program in India working with small businesses and SMEs to transform the priority sectors of India to be world class competitive.
- The idea is to work in select industries to provide innovation grants to small businesses and SMEs to help them develop products and technologies for import substitution, indigenous solutions and futuristic innovations for India and the other emerging economies to begin with. The leader is expected to develop the team and to roll out the execution of the pilot program later during this year.
An ideal candidate may be of Indian origin working at SBIR USA or similar programs in the UK and other countries. This however, does not preclude candidates that may be suitable from India
Work Experience and Expertise:
- Experience in leading large-scale innovation (grant) program, supported by technology solutions, preferably in the small business segment
- Interest and general awareness of contemporary challenges and issues in startups and small businesses in India and other developing country contexts
- Recognized leader in technology management for commercialization in India or the USA with strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Background in investment in Startups and SMEs desirable
- Broad network with associations, investment groups and relevant Government departments dealing with startups and small businesses.
- Experience with and inclination to be hands-on in investment diligence and analysis of Startups and SMEs
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.